Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting change to 457 visa?

Options
  • 23-11-2010 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/how-the-visa-works.htm

A friend of mine pointed this out to me:

Applying for a new visa or changing employer

If you have an employee who wants to apply for a new visa (where their current visa is about to expire), the employee must lodge a new visa application.

From 14 September 2009, 457 visa holders who wish to change employer or position (within the validity of their current visa) will not be required to apply for a new Subclass 457 visa.

This sounds to me like once you get a 457 visa you can change jobs and still use the same 457? Can that be right? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

What it means is you can transfer your existing 457 to a different company (assuming they meet the requirements and are approved for sponsoring people) without having to go through the whole application process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Like Traq says as long as the new employer is registered to sponsor then only the nomination is required, saves a lot of paperwork for Diac.

Downside is it p!sses some employers off, they are more hesitant about sponsoring again.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69117140&postcount=11

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This isn't a change.

just menas that the new employer pays the (small fee) to sponsor you, but you don't have to apply and avoic any fees, waiting times, pontial rejection, agents fees etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah and it is still painful process

Advertisement