Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have any idea what kind of phone this is?

Options
  • 23-11-2010 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭

Just spotted this on DoneDeal, anyone have any ideas of what it is?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Built in tv and dual sims would indicate to me that it's a cheapo chinese phone bought on ebay. It's hard to say based on what info he has given us but I doubt it's worth anywhere near as much as €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cheap chinese knock-off. Plenty around, all have similar design. Lets just say he would be lucky to get a third of what he is looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

One of a kind my hole, my mates dog was chewing one up last month, said it wasn't worth a fúck (My mate not the Dog)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

smokie2008 wrote: »
    One of a kind my hole, my mates dog was chewing one up last month, said it wasn't worth a fúck (My mate not the Dog)

Damn. You had me excited that your friend had a talking dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers, it looks like a pound shop phone alright. The dual sim thing is a bit mad though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Cheers, it looks like a pound shop phone alright. The dual sim thing is a bit mad though.
    I saw millions of them on ebay a while back when I was phone shopping. I never found out the point of having two SIM slots?
    It was always a certain sign of Shanzai knock off crapola though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

crap

300e lol

my mate in london reguarly gets dual sim chinese fones as he has a tendency to drop them a lot and needs two sims for roaming

about 20 quid he gets them for

anyone could tell from looking at it that its crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

It's a Baoxing N1000
    Costs about $110-$120 from China

• Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That slim battery probably lasts about a minute when watching TV, you'd be lucky to get to see all of the Angelus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I happened to be in China last March and the amount of knock off gear there is unreal. Some really, really good iPhone ones and lots of sh1te like the above. I would be worried about someone that would believe he paid 600 for that and would then pay €300 for it! There are suckers out there I guess. Tempted to call him and express an interest in his fine phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Dual sim phones aren't that uncommon...... you just don't see them here because Networks don't want to make it too easy for you to switch to another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Put it this way, I had a Nokia N92, with DVB-H (Digital TV), EPG, recording ability, Sky Sports, RTÉ, and a good few more.

Although it was a brick, it had pretty much everything. I was going to sell it for €300 or there abouts before(thats all that it was worth second hand, cost €7-800 New, I very kindly got it for €100 after it was used in a DVB-H Trial by O2) it was accidentaly broken the night before I was going to sell it. :(

My point is, the Chinese phone is worth about €50. They really are crap.

Advertisement