Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Hype 4...8/1/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

It just occurs to me;
    We're on the SECOND FLOOR of the XGC; walk through the computer area, and head up the stairs at the back. You don't have to pay the guy at the desk, we've got that covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa you want my ps3 right? or are we ok with consoles. if not, i'll bring that down at around 12. give me a call and wake me up if i'm not their:D

Yup, we'll probably need your console alright.

AND ONE MORE THING; Anyone who has a spare American copy of BB hanging around would be awesome if they brought it in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa wrote: »
    AND ONE MORE THING; Anyone who has a spare American copy of BB hanging around would be awesome if they brought it in with them.

I have eu and american. so i'll bring both american for the xgc ps3 and i'll use the eu on my ps3. only prob is i don't have mu on one of the ps3 remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

WoH here I come! Snakes and chains y'all.

Damn, I left my US copy of BB back in Finland :(

Nige nige :pac:

Alright, heading in now. See yas all for the HYPE!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Was at a friend's house so I couldn't make it to this :(

But I'll make sure to come to the next one.

I'm sorry - Noel Vermillion

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

7623659017a9385904985l.jpg

Up the South!

srsly though ggs all. Fletcher here btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

They got the G in "GIRA" upside down.

Twats. :pac:

• Advertisement

For all those who are waiting with baited breath...

yes.

I did come 5th. AGAIN.

Anyway, the results are as follows;
    1.QM2
    2.Chuey
    3.SadX
    4.Holly

5.Voa, Fakejim

7.Paige, Fletcher

Results for the 5v5 NvS are as follows;
    Team Chopper
    AdamWest
    Paige
    Voa
    Joe
    Fletcher

Team Down-Back
    QM2
    FakeJim
    Holly
    Infernis
    SadX

Results;
    QM2 defeats AdamWest, Paige, Voa.
    Joe defeats QM2, FakeJim, Holly
    Infernis defeats Joe
    Fletcher defeats Infernis and SadX

Also, Vaughan, I got it wrong; only top 12 get points, not everyone =P It may not make sense, but damnit, it's how I do it. Also also, SEEDING DECAY HAS STARTED; Bye bye Red and Kiki.

Bloody well awesome hype tournament that was. I dunno what came over me when I fought SadX, but that was some Coopa style blocking in games 1 and 3. Then I fought the squirrel and kitty and it all went to hell. Still fun though.

Who knows, if I can procastinate a lil bit,I might even make up another write up for sf.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm a dark horse scrub so I don't mind being out of the points.
    Sure it's the same in SSFIV :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Was pretty cool, from the little I saw before I had to leave with Xinkai. Was very nice playing some of you guys and getting to talk to you, I'll definately hope to make the next one. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I was really dreading coming up for this yoke due to my complete lack of playing BB for the last month, and not knowing how to play the game to begin with :P I only came along in the end to give UberPrinny my UFS - most of which I forgot in Cork anyway :pac:

I was pleasently surprised to have heaps of fun though :D
    Cheers to Holly for teaching me some basic ins and outs for Tao. I'll be hitting training mode pretty ****ing hard when I get a hold of my copy of CS again :)

I'm raging I missed out on the second half of brackets and the 5v5, but my bus was at 1700 and there was a bunch of shops I had to hit before making the long trip South again. :pac:

If it makes you feel a lil better, the majority of the higher end of brackets was recorded, along with the full 5v5 in all it's Hypeness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Best recorded videos ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Team Chopper was as always well-managed from across the room while playing SSF4. :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Team Chopper was as always well-managed from across the room while playing SSF4. :pac:
    Chopper generates such hype, Joe and Fletcher were inspired to rise to the challenge. He can maintain this even while playing a game as un-hype as SSF4.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Voa wrote: »
    Chopper generates such hype, Joe and Fletcher were inspired to rise to the challenge. He can maintain this even while playing a game as un-hype as SSF4.

I dunno, I thought Street Fighter was bringing the hype to Blaz Blue yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I actually slept in, sorry for not waking up Joe, got your missed call

=[

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    I actually slept in, sorry for not waking up Joe, got your missed call

=[

Dude, you missed Batman vs Doctor Doom.

Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I dunno, I thought Street Fighter was bringing the hype to Blaz Blue yesterday...

Oh Doom will your evil and love of super chip fighter turtle edition ever cease?

Oh Doom will your evil and love of super chip fighter turtle edition ever cease?

No.

Seriously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I admire your dedication:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Flipper The Priest

Gg's boys :P

Paige luv diamonds

Vids going up now lads.

Appreciate a heads up on who's in what fight.

www.youtube.com/brianvondoom as always.

I can do self-promotion too =3

Also, doom, if you want the order of the fights, I have the brackets and their order here. I can probably tell you who played what character, but I don't know 100% what matches were saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

GGs to all, had a great time, and shared 5th place is not bad! (as long as I don't get stuck with the Voa-curse now :D )
    Alas, this was my last tournament in Ireland, and man I'm going to miss this scene and all the players :( Luckily there's still online so I can play with anyone with a ps3 still

Shout-out to Joe for letting me sleep on his couch, you're a lifesaver :)

With any luck, after seeing what kind of scene we have here, you might be able to start/find your own one in over the back of beyonds:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Vids going up now lads.

Appreciate a heads up on who's in what fight.

www.youtube.com/brianvondoom as always.

Well the group that got recorded had Chopper, UberPrinny, Adam West and I'm not sure who the other guy was. But yes, those are the group matches anyway.

Advertisement