Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glacial Super League Season 2 Session 3

Options
  • 23-11-2010 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Time sneaks by and another session is upon us.....right in the middle of soul-crushing deadlines. How delighted I am! Anyways, that's for the journal.

Straight up league session this time around but I'll still be sporting the Mo' (not long left now). Halfway point of the season! Hopefully we'll get a few up from Cork after their strong showing last season (even though we blew them off for their initial one - apologies!)

Important Info:
    Moviedrome is the venue once again. From 1-4 on Saturday 27 November.

Cost & Prize:
    Once again, each session will cost €8. €1 of this goes into a travel and entry fund for Inferno (February) while €2 goes into a prize pot for 1st-3rd. Entry also gets you a ticket for the raffle (for the Street Fighter movie collection). The winner of the session will win a bag of glacial mints.

2nd: 12
    3rd: 10
    4th: 8
    5th-8th: 6
    8th-16th: 3
    16th-xth: 1

Current Leaderboard (after 2 sessions):
    1st: D4RK ONION - 27 points (+12)
    2nd: FutureGuy - 25 points (+15)
    3rd: Burning Eclipse - 16 points (+10)
    =4th: Misty Chaos - 14 points (+6)
    =4th: Sabre0001 - 14 points (+8)
    =6th: Generic_name - 12 points
    =6th: Mr. K - 12 points (+6)
    8th: Chris - 6 points
    9th: Hotaru - 3 points

Going to once again suggest Moody Cow - going to wear gloves this time...hand had turned blue when I got in home :D

🤪

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'll be there but I will be rushing so maybe no milkshake unless we can start on the button of 1 pm.:( Man, they were so good.

WAIT HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!!

We have seen alot of newer players surface in and around Munster recently! If any new player who has not entered a Limerick League Event yet joins us for next weeks tournament, I'm going to buy them a milkshake!

Om nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'll be there but I will be rushing so maybe no milkshake unless we can start on the button of 1 pm.:( Man, they were so good.

WAIT HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!!

We have seen alot of newer players surface in and around Munster recently! If any new player who has not entered a Limerick League Event yet joins us for next weeks tournament, I'm going to buy them a milkshake!

Om nom nom!

Damn, If only you hadn't seen me with the mo'

"....Hello, I'm........Sabre0002?".

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I shall be there, repping that low tier goodness, but I wont be locking myself to her this time, will probably switch it up like the first session. Honda isn't off the table either ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I shall be there, repping that low tier goodness, but I wont be locking myself to her this time, will probably switch it up like the first session. Honda isn't off the table either ;)

Will be sticking to DeeJay again. No Ryu for me.

D4RK ONION wrote: »

pssh. Not much longer you can stick to that one :D

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

If any new player who has not entered a Limerick League Event yet joins us for next weeks tournament, I'm going to buy them a milkshake!

Expecting your milkshake to bring all the boys to the yard?

I'd like to go to this, but realistically I think I'd only attend a Limerick event if I was in Tralee the weekend it was on.

It's the difference between a slightly shorter drive with a car full of friends, or a slightly longer drive all by my lonesome.

Would definitely like to come someday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I think I'll skip this one, want my money to pay for a new xbox this coming weekend, will definitely make it up for the next one, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Alas I've already had to switch around my Japanese lessons a couple of times this month and am saving the next one for Inferno so I shan't be in attendance once again I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Wont be able to make it lads. I'm doing a 6 day week and its my one day off so I'm gna be catching up on my ZZZZs... Gutted. Reli hoped to attend. I feel like I've leveled alot lately. I dont just twirl the stick like a madman anymore! *shifty eyes*

When I get my gold acoount back I should do some online casuals. Havent fought any of the limerick lads or any boardsie in ages....

Looks like it'll be a smaller turnout at the weekend - think Burning Eclipse and Mr K will be along but we will see. Either way, looks like two matches vs every player...

🤪

• Advertisement

Brief update, seeing the lack of attendance I shall suck it up and make sure grapplers are represented this saturday! :D

Excellent...And sure the league doesn't start til 1 so you can sleep AND play - otherwise it's just a waste of a day to be sleeping all the time :)

🤪

I'm just attending so I can try out the moody cow. I'll see can I get my protege to go but he kinda fell out of the game when rob did.

Holy smokes, I forgot to tell ye. Robbknoll traded in his ssf4!

I'm just attending so I can try out the moody cow. I'll see can I get my protege to go but he kinda fell out of the game when rob did.

Holy smokes, I forgot to tell ye. Robbknoll traded in his ssf4!

No Hakan-related pun intended but...Seriously? Why?

Apparently he is taking a break. His xbox died awhile back so he was playing it on PS3 without my supervision and from what he told me, ROBRAGEtm got the better of him. I got a new 250GB last week and intend to give him my old box hoping that he'll come back to us. Thought he would have mentioned it himself somewhere here by now though. Doesnt matter cos now I know what game to get him for xmas! :D

Moral of the story? When playing online ALWAYS play using the buddy system.

Rob, hope you return to the fold...who else is going to beat me with Bipson???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

He wouldn't happen to be the guy who was winning games with Hakan at this years DBNI? I distinctly remember seeing Hakan win a couple matches and being somewhat shocked. :eek:

~ Why am I reading this thread about an event I couldn't possibly attend? Boredom.

Nah rob uses blanka and bipson! Interesting to hear of another oilman... I thought only I liked hakan judging by the leaderboards for him. Any vids of this player?

He wouldn't happen to be the guy who was winning games with Hakan at this years DBNI? I distinctly remember seeing Hakan win a couple matches and being somewhat shocked. :eek:

~ Why am I reading this thread about an event I couldn't possibly attend? Boredom.

Scouting me for the Ajayirl tournament obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Nah, I think that's SteffK you're talking about. He added me as a friend a while back, have yet to get around to playing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Scouting me for the Ajayirl tournament obviously.

Shhhhhhh! :pac:

Good to see the grapplers being represented. Such a pity that Rob rage claimed a victim rather than just being an entertaining by-product of the game...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I may be along, depending on how a project is going. I'll certainly make an appearance for milkshakes, I owe Sabre one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Will be in tomorrow. Not sure who I'll be using, but I'm looking forward to it :)

Sad to hear that Rob has given up on SF. Paul, great to hear you're coming in. We can chat about Dexter... I miss Rita :o

Good games today. An interesting session! Unfortunately a low turnout but it was fun. And I got to try 3S! :)

D4RK ONION took it as he dropped one game less than FutureGuy.

Current Leaderboard (after 3 sessions):
    1st: D4RK ONION - 42 points (+15)
    2nd: FutureGuy - 37 points (+12)
    =3rd: Burning Eclipse - 22 points (+6)
    =3rd: Sabre0001 - 22 points (+8)
    =3rd: Generic_name - 22 points (+10)
    6th: Misty Chaos - 14 points
    7th: Mr. K - 12 points

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Good games today. An interesting session! Unfortunately a low turnout but it was fun. And I got to try 3S! :)

D4RK ONION took it as he dropped one game less than FutureGuy.

Current Leaderboard (after 3 sessions):
    1st: D4RK ONION - 42 points (+15)
    2nd: FutureGuy - 37 points (+12)
    =3rd: Burning Eclipse - 22 points (+6)
    =3rd: Sabre0001 - 22 points (+8)
    =3rd: Generic_name - 22 points (+10)
    6th: Misty Chaos - 14 points
    7th: Mr. K - 12 points

GGs today lads, sorry I had to head early and miss milkshake-related activities!

Damn you Generic_name for ruining my undefeated streak and to Sabre for taking the game off me that dropped me to second.

Completely underestimated the properties of Zangiefs U2.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I threw my match against Futureguy to make things more dramatic. :P

GGs to everyone! Milkshakes were awesome.

GGs to all today. Big congrats to sabre! You've really leveled man. Great way to catch me at the end of our fight!

Special boo hoo to futureguy for not recording my U2's... No-one ever gets to see my interception's... :(

Those milkshakes are awesome. Dime bar milkshakes FTW!

Hoping to be at the next one. Online just doesnt help me as much

Advertisement