Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will/did you do 'in the national interest'

• 23-11-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Inspired by a few TD's remarks and a twitter hashtag..

What did you do or what will you do 'in the national interest'?

I did my best to keep 15+ bar staff and management in jobs over the weekend.

I will try to knock down more protesters whilst driving around the D2 area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'll hopefully be able to leave, thus allowing someone of the dole into my job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'll run for government and not be as corrupt as others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Terry wrote: »
    I'll run for government and not be as corrupt as others.

:pac:

only a little bit corrupt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pray and buy the Tuam Herald.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Keep paying my PRSI, taxes and income levvy and whatever other fúcking taxes those useless overpaid fúckers in government will come up with next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not run off to a foreign country with the aim of coming back when "someone else" has fixed all the problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I will add to the tax take by sending my children down the mines, up the chimneys and into the factories.

Shite, I can't. That was in the good old days when there were jobs for all. :D

Fapping for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Nothing.

Anything I do is in my own self interest.

If that throws a few quid into the state coffers, then fine, but it's not my raison d'etre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I got off the dole and pay stupid prsi and income levy costs to government despite my insultingly low wage and long commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I'll keep paying tax to the Irish government, while being British and working for a British company... and hoping amongst hopes that they decide to ship us all back to Blighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'll hopefully be able to leave, thus allowing someone of the dole into my job

Same here. I look forward to being part of a statistic released by the next government when they pat themselves on the back for helping lower the unemployed numbers in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I'll complain on boards.

Along with everyone else on here.

I'll then do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

not getting any free money from the government that other students take advantage of and piss away. try to get my degree and start my own business. While spending what little money i have to support my local businesses. and not voting FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

connundrum wrote: »
    What did you do or what will you do 'in the national interest'?

I'll campaign against FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I will sit here grumbling under my breath, dodging raindrops, occasionally voting for opposition parties as tho it'll make any difference, paying taxes thru the nose in some soul destroying job until I retire aged 71 and die the very next day so as not to be a burden on the exchequer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What I'd love to do in the national interest and what I will do in the national interest are two different things.

One involves an illegal action - the other is coughing up some more money yet again for the **** in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

in the national interest I would do the opposite to what the so called govt tell me to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll become interested in politics and try to make informed decisions, arguments and discussions rather than spouting out any old load of crap which doesn't make sense or being over-dramatic like most people I seem to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Biggins wrote: »
    What I'd love to do in the national interest and what I will do in the national interest are two different things.

One involves an illegal action - the other is coughing up some more money yet again for the **** in Dublin!

Speaking as a wanker in dublin, can you earn a bit more? I want a latte, not a coffee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Speaking as a wanker in dublin, can you earn a bit more? I want a latte, not a coffee.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

connundrum wrote: »
    ...I will try to knock down more protesters whilst driving around the D2 area.

Ya I know, people exercising their right to protest is insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ya I know, people exercising their right to protest is insufferable.

People abusing their right to protest is even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Keep working and paying my taxes.

Buy music and movies legally from physical shops in Ireland.

Because I'm in the lucky position of not having huge debts I will continue to spend my disposable income moderately - go to restaurants occasionally, go for pints at the weekend, etc.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

People abusing their right to protest is even worse.

People denying the public their democratic right is even worse again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I'll complain on boards.

I'll then do nothing.

Yeah this definitely requires the least amount of effort so I'm definitely going to do this as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I will use a cattle prod and 2 hungry Rottweilers, to prevent FF from canvassing on my street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Snakeblood wrote: »

A latte is just a gay coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Keep working and paying my taxes.

Buy music and movies legally from physical shops in Ireland.

Because I'm in the lucky position of not having huge debts I will continue to spend my disposable income moderately - go to restaurants occasionally, go for pints at the weekend, etc.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Ditto for myself. I might upgrade my car to a 10 next year as well. My lifestyle probably wont change that much over the next few years. I didnt go overboard during the boom years and I can maintain my current lifestyle as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

On this website I have published numerous money saving initiatives and job creating initiatives, many of which I expect to see in the budget next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    People denying the public their democratic right is even worse again.

People rioting under the banner of 'their democratic right' is down there with the baddies.

Also see people protesting against the Love Ulster Parade in Champion Sports and Footlocker.

Advertisement