Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Hire Australia

Options
  • 23-11-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi!
    Looking to hire a car for abour 2 weeks from Mackay to Sydney.
    The best price i've seen is through USIT for €420.
    Anyone know if they are reliable? Or any other good companies with reasonable prices? Some such as Hertz are quoting me over €1000 for the 2 weeks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

am_sunny wrote: »
    Hi!
    Looking to hire a car for abour 2 weeks from Mackay to Sydney.
    The best price i've seen is through USIT for €420.
    Anyone know if they are reliable? Or any other good companies with reasonable prices? Some such as Hertz are quoting me over €1000 for the 2 weeks!!!!
    Dates? Mackay seems a lot more expensive than for example Townsville. Be careful of dodgy rental companies taking your bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 am_sunny

ballooba wrote: »
    Dates?

4th - 18th Feb

Looks like the USIT price is decent. You need to find out what company it's with though to make sure they're not some el cheapo hidden costs merchant.

ballooba wrote: »
    Looks like the USIT price is decent. You need to find out what company it's with though to make sure they're not some el cheapo hidden costs merchant.
    I emailed USIT and they said they book them through Car Trawler to find the best price. Heard that they weren't the most reliable! Anyone else had any dealings with them??

am_sunny wrote: »
    I emailed USIT and they said they book them through Car Trawler to find the best price. Heard that they weren't the most reliable! Anyone else had any dealings with them??
    You can use Car Trawler yourself here. FYI, I wouldn't fancy driving 1500 kms on Aussie highway in a small car. I'd upgrade a few notchs.

https://www.arguscarhire.com.au

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Hired with Hertz in Perth City Centre and Europcar in Sydney Airport respectively during the summer. Both were the cheapest for me as I was hiring a full size sedan Automatic and being under 25. No one seems to rent to under 21's down there and it wasn't that cheap. The USIT quote seems great for the lenght of time.

I hired a Toyota Camry from Hertz and a VW Jetta from Europcar.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Hired with Hertz in Perth City Centre and Europcar in Sydney Airport respectively during the summer. Both were the cheapest for me as I was hiring a full size sedan Automatic and being under 25. No one seems to rent to under 21's down there and it wasn't that cheap. The USIT quote seems great for the lenght of time.

I hired a Toyota Camry from Hertz and a VW Jetta from Europcar.

I priced both Hertz and Europcar and was getting priced for over a grand for 2 weeks!!!

Advertisement