Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Swedish work permit

Options
  • 23-11-2010 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi
    I've just gotten a job in Stockholm to start after new years. I got the meeting/interview by knowing a friend of a friend. Part of the job permit requirement, as i've read from http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Work/Get-a-job/ , is that the job must be advertised on the EURES website. "Your potential job must be advertised on the EURES site. Only then will you qualify for a work permit later in the process."

On one of the forms there is a box for ticking if the job was advertised on the EURES site, and a text box to explain why not if it wasn't. Should i just go forward with the process and hope that it's not going to be a big deal? Has anybody had any experience with this before in Sweden or other countries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Are you an Irish or EU citizen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nackaman

I'm Irish yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You don't need a work permit. Only non EU/EEA nationals need a work permit.

AAWWWWWWWWW JAH!

Tack.

God i love being EU. Let's hope i get over there soon before our EU status is gone..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

nackaman wrote: »
    AAWWWWWWWWW JAH!

Tack.

God i love being EU. Let's hope i get over there soon before our EU status is gone..

Just for information, the general rule is that in order for a non EU/CH citizen to be employed in an EU/CH country, the employer must show that they could not find an EU or CH (Swiss) person willing to take the job. So you've got more or less first preference through out most of Europe.

Good luck with that,

Jim (Switzerland)

• Advertisement

Thanks, that is good to know.

Yes, you don't need a work or residency permit but are required to register with the Swedish Migration Board if you are going to stay longer than three months.

Ok, and i believe i can do that after i arrive. I think, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yep. You can if you wish.

Yes, after you arrive and start to work but before the first three months have passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Sugarfree

I really worry about the young people in this country have they any cop on at all? Another young fella on another thread was asking about a visa for working in the UK! surely they must know a bit about the world.

Advertisement