Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long for award recommendation

Options
  • 23-11-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, looking for experiences of how long it takes for award recommendation following submission of dissertation. I submitted end of sept and do not want to ask supervisior due to my relationship with him but would like to know as I can possibly get excemption from some modules on new course I have started. The university is a UK one and it was a taught MA with 15000 word dissertation. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mary.

I handed in a 15000 word dissertation mid-sept and it took six weeks to hear. From what I hear, this is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If you'd rather not contact your supervisor, would you consider asking the course director? They may be able to tell you when the results will be available.

The length of time it will take for you to find out about your grades will usually depend upon when the exam board(s) meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I did a masters at a UK university and it took 4 months (Sep - Jan) to hear that I passed the dissertation and the course overall. It varies between universities so you should probably email someone. It doesn't have to be your supervisor, it can be one of your supervisor's colleagues that maybe lectured you. They will probably have supervised masters students this year too and shoud know when the exam board meets.

Advertisement