Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank You Verse for Priest

• 23-11-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of help!
    I design and make personalised candles and I've been asked to make a Thank You candle for a priest who helped a person through a difficult time in their life.
    I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find a suitable verse.
    I was wondering if anybody would know of any 4-6 line verse I could use on this.
    Would really appreciate any help!!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Maybe a poem from yourself or the client would be nicer.
    Maybe some words of encouragement the priest gave to your client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

Thanks for your response but I'm not sure that it would work in this case. The candle is for a freind of a friend of a friend. I was just told to put any words on it, and it wouldn't be too easy for me to get the words of encouragment the priest used. But I'll certainly bare it in mind if I can't come up with anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Are you saying that a handwritten poem is less meaningful than a Bible verse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Are you saying that a handwritten poem is less meaningful than a Bible verse?

The OP has decided that she wants a bible verse. It's a simple enough request for you to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Maybe Acts 2:1-4
    1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

Because you know, tongues of fire - candles, that whole connection. Plus priests ask the Holy Spirit to help them when helping their parishioners. It is also the sort of official time of the apostles becoming fully fledged priests, which I guess the priest would relate to.

Not sure if the priest would pick up on the metaphors, might be a little abstract on my part, but it's the only one that springs to mind. I guess you could explain the reason for the verse to your friend and then she could pass on the explanation on to the priest when she gives it to him. He'd probably appreciate that there was that much thought gone into the selection. I dunno.

Advertisement