Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an NTL BOX door

• 23-11-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi I’ve a small NTL box on the out side of my House. It’s very like the standard ESB and GAS box with the triangular key to open and lock it. The box is about 7” by 11” in size so it’s much smaller than your standard ESB box. When I bought the house the door of this box was missing. So am looking to know where I can buy a box like it. Or even get a door. Anyone know of any place that would do such boxes. The house was build in the early 1990. I’ll post a picture later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

is it hinged from the bottom or from the side. the boxes cost approx 20 euro but not sure about the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If it's anything like mine, it's hinged at the sides. I had no luck finding a door for mine (came loose and blew away in a storm!) so just cut a piece of plywood to the right size, and screwed it in with two screws into the frame of the plastic box.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Francisq

It's higded at the side. I was thinking of making my own door also but after some vast searching on google i found these guys

http://www.meterboxesdirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=56

Si i hope they do the replacement door they say they do and its the same size..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

yeah if its the type shown in the link i have a few of them here, which means that the likes of brooks and other builder providers should have them too. a company in ashbourne distributes them but they are trade only so no point in posting up their details. they cost about 10 euro.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Find a ghost estate................ Plenty of them in there doing nothing..:D:p
    No don't do that.
    Try a few good builder providers & maybe give UPC a ring & ask where you can source one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement