Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

That's not a freesat box, I think it's just a second hand skybox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

missmelo wrote: »
    Just wondering has anybody used these or know anyone that has, i saw them advertised on utv?

http://www.freesatbox.net/SKY-BOX-OFFERS-39-99.php

It wont be long before they get done for a rather liberal interpretation of

"Built in Official Freesat Channels". Infact Freesat is mentioned many time in that page. They are old returned Sky boxes that will still have the proprietary Sky image but will only pick up FTA.

No mention of the fact that you will not recive 7 day epg etc

Wonder how Sky and Freesat feel about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Why no 7 day EPG?

No HD though.

I think at this stage Freesat HD is worth it even for SD. .. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Sky box(used for FTA) does have 7 day EPG. Also has interactive via red button. Also retunes in lost/moved/new channels etc.

They are very usable for receiving FTA and are streets ahead of generic FTA receivers IMO. It's a matter of opinion as to whether they are better than Freesat receivers.

Also, has the advantage that the sky remote will work most TV's also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Do all the scrambled channels still show up in the EPG though when using a sky box with no subscription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

12 element wrote: »
    Do all the scrambled channels still show up in the EPG though when using a sky box with no subscription?

Yes, they do :( - we get around it by just putting all the FTA channels under 'Favourites' and cycle through them that way.
    Also you don't get any PVR features that you can get with a "proper" FreeSat box. Given the choice, I'd swap our one out with a proper FTA box, but it does for the time being (it's on a set we don't use that often).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 omcgowan

Hi dudes. I don't understand the terminology in all of this but I was looking at getting somebody to install a dish and arial. Has anyone had an install done by freetoair.ie? Preferrably in Dublin.

If so, how did it go?
    If not, can you recommend another crowd?

J

Advertisement