Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo-North Leitrim Election 2011 Mod Warning #290

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thats it for now. Here comes the the exciting bit. Watching certain smug gits get what was coming to them!! Roll on the count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I never even knwe Private Dick Cahill was running in it.

Doubt that (insert many unpleasant things here) will get many votes

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

elections can always turn up a surprise or two we will see what happens tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

About 50% turn out at my station before 7,could be a high turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Voted 1 - 10, had been considering up untill this morning to give an 11th preference, but come today could just not bring my self round to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

irish-stew wrote: »
    Voted 1 - 10, had been considering up untill this morning to give an 11th preference, but come today could just not bring my self round to it.

I voted 10 - 13 as my least favourites. Thought I was being a right wee smart arse, then my OH tells me "oh I'm just going to leave out FG and FF altogether, if you vote for them, even in final positions, they still get a share of the vote..

My face?

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Slidey wrote: »
    I never even knwe Private Dick Cahill was running in it.

Doubt that (insert many unpleasant things here) will get many votes

I wasn't aware he'd had a reputation, I'd never heard of him before :o

I'm in the same boat Quackles.

Lornen wrote: »
    I voted 10 - 13 as my least favourites. Thought I was being a right wee smart arse, then my OH tells me "oh I'm just going to leave out FG and FF altogether, if you vote for them, even in final positions, they still get a share of the vote..

Yup, if you give them a number at all, there is a possibility they will get elected with your help :) There were only two candidates who didn't get a preference from me. (No, not the two FF's, I gave Scanlon a low one :D ). I figured if it came down to the wire and it was between Scanlon and Satan, I'd pick Scanlon.

So on to the count tomorrow! I dunno about you guys, but I find this one IMPOSSIBLE to call.

Quackles wrote: »
    Yup, if you give them a number at all, there is a possibility they will get elected with your help :) There were only two candidates who didn't get a preference from me. (No, not the two FF's, I gave Scanlon a low one :D ). I figured if it came down to the wire and it was between Scanlon and Satan, I'd pick Scanlon.

So on to the count tomorrow! I dunno about you guys, but I find this one IMPOSSIBLE to call.

Crap sticks :mad:
    Yeah, I'm not going hazard a guess.
    I didn't know people were betting on it though!
    Talk about risky!

• Advertisement

Crap sticks :mad:
    Yeah, I'm not going hazard a guess.
    I didn't know people were betting on it though!
    Talk about risky!

that's why it's called a bet and not an investment :D

I didn't bother voting in the end.
    Watched the racing at Wolverhampton instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

I just think that when a party's Deputy Spokesperson for Equality, isn't up for giving every citizen of this country equal rights, what hope do they have?

What on earth did Linda Creighton say - I am just watching her on VB tonight - shes a complete babe. Would deffo have got my vote if I lived in her constituency.

Can't wait to see the results tomorrow.
    I was messing in an earlier post btw,I did of course vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the results tomorrow.
    I was messing in an earlier post btw,I did of course vote.

I was just gonna say, shame on you!

I voted, and I take great pleasure in not giving FF any votes at all. i did vote for everyone else, but just because I wanted to shaft FF as much as possible. I may not make any difference, but I am happy in the knowledge that whatever happens, I did my bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Voted, just did a 1 and 2, they're all I want in government.

Very excited for tomorrow and delighted that there was such a high turnout!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Ocean FM tweet:

MCR Booth 3 (That's where I voted)

1. McLoughlin 85

2. Colreavy 61

3. Bree 59

Would have expected something like that. Any word on V Cawley, TMB?

red sean wrote: »
    Would have expected something like that. Any word on V Cawley, TMB?

Early tally for sligo town, from twitter

Bree (Ind) 19% Cawley (Ind) 8% Colreavy (SF) 14% MacSharry (FF) 13% McLoughlin (FG) 20% O'Keeffe (Lab) 14% Perry (FG) 6% Scanlon (FF) 3 %

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

So how are we looking now? im in Dublin but listening on Ocean FM, hoping McLoughlin gets in and MacSharry doesnt. :)

• Advertisement

westtip wrote: »
    What on earth did Linda Creighton say - I am just watching her on VB tonight - shes a complete babe. Would deffo have got my vote if I lived in her constituency.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/creighton-doesnrsquot-support-equality-2554176.html

Not a big deal for some, but a pretty big deal for 10% of Ireland's population.
    Sad of her to try making it about "children" and how she wasn't for gay marriage as gay couples can't conceive.
    I just don't know how she can justify her opinion as who would deny an infertile couple the rights to be wed as well as older couples who are no long able to conceive? Should they be cast into the shame bucket along with all of the gays?!

Ha, silly woman. Spokesperson for Justice and Equality my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shellmiester

FG John perry 22%
    FG Tony McLoughlin 15%
    LAB Susan O Keeffe 12%
    SF Micahel Colreavy 11%
    FF Eamonn Scanlon 11%
    FF Marc Mc Sharry 10 %
    IND Declan Bree 9%

No boxes from Leitrim open yet so all to play for

Colreavy looks like a shoe in. First Sinn Fein candidate to get in in 54 years by the looks of it.

Shoe in was a bit strong.Not so confident now.

latest rte tally has positioned mcsharry in 3rd, scanlon and o keeffe in tied 4th and colreavey in 5th

Lornen, dare I say, you're starting to sound like a "parish pump" politician. Harping on about one issue that you ( and 10% of the pop.) feel strongly about, while 90% of the pop. have a lot more concerns. The tweet of one politician is a tiny issue in the mess that is our country right now. The important thing is to have a strong Govt. that will guide and rule properly on all issues for all people. But this will not happen overnight.

red sean wrote: »
    Lornen, dare I say, you're starting to sound like a "parish pump" politician. Harping on about one issue that you ( and 10% of the pop.) feel strongly about, while 90% of the pop. have a lot more concerns. The tweet of one politician is a tiny issue in the mess that is our country right now. The important thing is to have a strong Govt. that will guide and rule properly on all issues for all people. But this will not happen overnight.

*coughs loudly*

AHEM

Pretty sure I mentioned this already..

Did I?

Post #367 in this thread?!

Lornen wrote:
    I just think that when a party's Deputy Spokesperson for Equality, isn't up for giving every citizen of this country equal rights, what hope do they have?

I know this might not be a deal breaker for alot of people, sure economic issues are what everyone's looking at and there may be "bigger fish to fry" so to speak, but I think alienating 10% of Ireland's population is ridiculous and I want nothing to do with FG after that.

First count completed. Quota 11,108

PERRY, John FG 8663
    McLOUGHLIN, Tony FG 7715
    COLREAVY, Michael SF 5911
    SCANLON, Eamon FF 5075
    MacSHARRY, Marc FF 4633
    O'KEEFFE, Susan LAB 4553
    CLARKE, Michael Noel IND 2415
    BREE, Declan IND 2284
    CAWLEY, Veronica IND 1119
    LOVE, Alwyn Robert IND 779
    McSHARRY, Gabriel IND 747
    GOGAN, Johnny GP 432 (excluded)
    CAHILL, Dick IND 102 (excluded)

Perry 8703
    McLoughlin 7778
    Colreavy 5973
    Scanlon 5097
    O Keeffe 4709
    Macsharry 4647
    Clarke 2431
    Bree 2334
    Cawley 1140
    Love 836

Gabriel Mcsharry has been eliminated and his 770 votes will be distributed

• Advertisement

2 counts and a long way of the quota, it could be long evening/night.

Advertisement