Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo-North Leitrim Election 2011 Mod Warning #290

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

We have a mention on RTE.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

UrbanSea wrote: »
    When they concede defeat does the count stop?

No, the count goes on. It's happened before that a candidate has conceded early, and gone on to take the last seat. Can't think for the life of me who it was, even though I was telling somebody all about it a few hours ago. I'm tired.

And our 30 second segment has concluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'd rather like to sleep.

I'm off for a suger rush

<yawn>

• Advertisement

God how long does it take to count a few hundred votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'd assume so. I dont even know how Scanlon got this far, watching his opening speech at the Bigticket, it looked/sounded like he had given up then, totally dwelled on the past rather than what he could/intended to do if reellected.

No. They only concede defeat to the media, meaning it's unlikely they'll be elected. Ray McSharry famously did it as Tanaiste after the first count in the 80's and was still re-elected later that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

red sean wrote: »
    No. They only concede defeat to the media, meaning it's unlikely they'll be elected. Ray McSharry famously did it as Tanaiste after the first count in the 80's and was still re-elected later that night.

Yeah that was a little strange:rolleyes:

I'd rather like to sleep.

Must be the kebabs biggrin.gif

We have another mention on RTE, mainly to hightlight that there will be no FF seat in the constituancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

What astonishes me is that there are at least 9,000 Gombeens in Sligo that marked on their ballot for Mutton Jaws uber-Gombeen Scanlon

What astonishes me is that there are at least 9,000 Gombeens in Sligo that marked on their ballot for Mutton Jaws uber-Gombeen Scanlon

Politics is subjective. Just because people put down a candidate doesn't make them a 'gombeen'

All over.

Have they read out the votes?

Ah I see,just come up on the site.
    Happy out.

Anybody know which Labour faction quitted Labour before Election? And why?

Do you mean who were candidates before campaigning started, was Veronica Cawley linked to them at one point?

They'll be dancing in the lanes of Martin Savage Terrace this evening!

According to a caller to Ocean fm on Fri. morning last, and I'm open to correction on this as I was driving at the time and did'nt hear it all, 50% resigned as a result of Susan O'Keefe being nominated. Apparently, new members were allowed to vote at the nomination conference without having been members for the min. statutory time. As a result, Veronica Cawley did'nt get the ticket.
    As I say, open to correction, but I'm sure somebody in the know will post the facts.

Another brief mention on RTE, about a minute total during the last 7 hours. We have a result

PERRY, John FG 11973 (8th count)
    McLOUGHLIN, Tony FG 11508 (9th count)
    COLREAVY, Michael SF 9771 (9th count)

Thanks for posting the figures Stew as I had no other source of info early on, and was depending on you.
    Time for bed!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Finally time for bed.
    Night all,thanks for that Stewie.

Have they read out the votes?

They flashed it up on the screen for the amount of time it took them to say the count was complete. Did not see a link from the count centre all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Off to bed. Many thanks to everyone who posted on boards.ie during the election campaign. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

They'll be dancing in the lanes of Martin Savage Terrace this evening!

Why? What are you implying there? Can you define voters by the area they live in? My in-Laws out the Strandhill road, are also probably dancing in the streets. They used to be traditional 'Blueshirts', but Pearse Doherty grabbed their attention when he won the Donegal By-election.

But the two main reasons they gave me for their dramatic switch were - 1) disgusted by Perry's extravagant expenses. 2) They believe FG will be as equally meek, in facing up to our IMF/ECB masters.

Right, I'm off to bed too. 2 newly elected TDs to add to the retained Perry seat for the constituancy, and a new goverment at national level. Heres hoping we will see some changes for the better at some point during their reign.

Night all.

Why? What are you implying there? Can you define voters by the area they live in? My in-Laws out the Strandhill road, are also probably dancing in the streets. They used to be traditional 'Blueshirts', but Pearse Doherty grabbed their attention when he won the Donegal By-election.

But the two main reasons they gave me for their dramatic switch were - 1) disgusted by Perry's extravagant expenses. 2) They believe FG will be as equally meek, in facing up to our IMF/ECB masters.

settle down my overactive friend!

Colreavy is born and bred in Savilooloo Terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Woooooo result!!!!!!!!

That is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

red sean wrote: »
    According to a caller to Ocean fm on Fri. morning last, and I'm open to correction on this as I was driving at the time and did'nt hear it all, 50% resigned as a result of Susan O'Keefe being nominated. Apparently, new members were allowed to vote at the nomination conference without having been members for the min. statutory time. As a result, Veronica Cawley did'nt get the ticket.
    As I say, open to correction, but I'm sure somebody in the know will post the facts.

Was the nominations not deadlocked between cawley and o'keefe when they decided to pull them out of a hat, cawley came out first but o'keefe won as it was she was left in the hat. I remember reading something along the lines of that when it happened.

You have love,bree and cawley that are ex labour,

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Ah I see,just come up on the site.
    Happy out.

Colreavy got in, does this mean kebabs are on you tonight? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

And are isn't Gerrynomics a real good idea. All well and good in opposition- thank god they will neve actually get their hands on the chequebook

Advertisement