Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyfra card and Technomate TM9100 receiver

• 23-11-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Reading through the thread on what subs people have, I have been looking into a cyfra+ sub mainly for eurosport (no interest in football).
    Have seen refs to satsklep site here, so it seems to be a trusted place.

I have a TM9100 running EDG4.4 image and am wondering would I be able to use this card in this receiver, and would it auto update every month?

Have no hardware cams, but have used software cams on the box (NOT for internet based options), so I suppose my first question is will it work directly with say cccam, or will I have to use, say some card reader software as well (oscam or newcs!).

Next question, which is on the limit, so feel free to edit, is - I also have a 2nd linux sat box TGM220 with EDG4.4, if the card is readable in my tm9100, is it possible to 'see' it on the other box as well (both boxes will be on the same local subnet and I definitely would not want this to go outside it). No details or discussion, just a simple yes or no if possible!

WW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

I was considering a Cyfra card myself a few months ago, but like you, wasn't sure whether it'd work etc. In the end I went for a Polsat cam+card from Satsklep, again mainly for Eurosport, 4 months included, then you top up.

They have a another offer at the moment, Eurosport HD and a few other HD channels (with English), works out a little bit dearer than Cyfra, but a good deal for HD, if that floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Thks for info
    Looked at offer, but don't have a HD receiver, so sort of a waste for me.
    Does eurosport work out for you okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have Polsat also for Eurosport. They provide Eurosport 1 and 2 in HD. I got it the same way that rurs did. Sadly I don't see that CAM available on the satsklep site anymore. It really is great value, 4 months for 50 euro.

No major complaints wrt Eurosport, although to find out what's on you have to go here as there's no EPG info, and their teletext hasn't been updated in months. Come to think of it, I've noticed the audio on the Eurosport 1 HD channel can lag behind video, particularly annoying on snooker, tennis etc. (no prob on SD)

There's a channel list on that satsklep page, it seems Eurosport SD & nSport SD are included in this package.

@Minstrel 27..the HD channels are "free" for the first 4 months, aren't they? You then have to renew family pack, and add HD on top? They don't seem to be on Satsklep atm, was it 134 for family pack, plus 50 or so for HD? I think I'll go for the TNK cam/card, instead of topping up the Polsat. 133 for 12 months Eurosport 1 HD, + MGM HD instead of letterboxed TCM:)

Is TNK on Hotbird?

As for Polsat questions. Eurosport 1 and 2 HD are both included in the 4 month trial period. Entertainment and HD will be required when topping up. The price isn't too bad.

Satsklep now seems to have no Polsat packages on their site :mad: Renewal for that is in the next few weeks

• Advertisement

TNK on Hotbird. I presume it's this. TNK seems to be a prepaid version of n.

Wait and see on Polsat with satsklep. Maybe they're updating the site, new packages or whatever.

If TNK had Eurosport 2 I would sign up in an instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

There is 2 types of TNK
    SD version and channels are :
    TVN
    TVN 7
    TVP 1
    TVP 2
    Tv Religia
    TVN 24
    nSport
    TVN Turbo
    TVN Style
    TVN Cnbc
    TVN Meteo
    TVP Info
    TVP Sport
    Disney Chanell
    Discovery Channel
    Kino Polska
    TV4
    Firts 4 channels are free
    price 40e year.

TnK HD channels:
    TVP1,
    TVP2,
    TVN,
    TVN Siedem,
    TVN HD,
    Religia.tv
    TVN HD +1,
    TVN 24,
    TVN Style,
    TVN Turbo,
    TVN Meteo,
    TVN CNBC,
    TVP Info,
    TVP Sport,
    Discovery Channel,
    TV4, Kino Polska,
    Disney Channel,
    Disney XD,
    Da Vinci Learning,
    AXN,
    Wojna i Pokój,
    Eurosport,
    nSport SD
    TVP HD,
    nSport HD,
    Eurosport HD,
    MGM HD,
    Animal Planet HD,
    Discovery HD Showcase,
    NatGeo Wild HD,
    MTVNHD,
    BBC HD,
    Filmbox HD
    Prices are about 12e month per full package.Its pre paid option.

To receive this channels in SD option you dont need any special hardware,technomate is enough same as for Cyfra+(exclude new cards which are paired with receiver).TNK HD are paired with box so only work with dedicaded boxes or Common Interface.Prices for Common Interface are around 70e and have 3 months free full package i think im not sure thery are full.Polsat Ci as someone said are very rare at this moment,we have to wait.

Advertisement