Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap 32 inch Tv For xbox 360

Options
  • 23-11-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

I dont know what to look for when buying one for my son:DAll I know is must be able to connect to an xbox 360:rolleyes:;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Bettyboop wrote: »
    I dont know what to look for when buying one for my son:DAll I know is must be able to connect to an xbox 360:rolleyes:;)

Pretty much any tv now days will connect to the xbox, it comes with scart, to plug into the back of the tv, and also most tvs also have the (red, yellow, white) plug holes to connect the XBOX if you don't want to use the scart, also most tvs now have HDMI so if a cable is bought can be connected through that.

A multitude of options there, good luck.

Hope this helps

Balfie

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Thank you Balfie much appreciated.Thought I needed to look out for certain connections:D
    Happy xmas to you and yours:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

betty - chances are your son probably wants a LCD/LED TV which has HD capabilities.

talk to the guys from richersounds (on boards) ...they might be able to recommend something - and they offer a boardsie discount !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Bettyboop wrote: »
    Thank you Balfie much appreciated.Thought I needed to look out for certain connections:D
    Happy xmas to you and yours:)

You are more than welcome.

Happy Christmas to you and yours also. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

37" here €299 HD ready but not Irish Digital:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056097419

better offer here aswell (Irish Digital 'Saorview' ready and Full HD)

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_15067.htm

• Advertisement

Thank you all for the replies wrote down what to look for:D
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

A couple of tips:

- For a 32"/37" tv or smaller the HD ready is more than enough. Any bigger than that you might want to consider Full HD (although it is not nessecary for xbox360)

- Saorview is the commercial name for the new Irish Digital TV service. Not all the TV's on the market at the moment are compatiable so be sure to ask if its saorview ready.

- High contrast Ratio (5000:1, 10000:1) would be ideal for gaming. Some TV's have lower contrast ratio's and while they still work very well.

write that ratio thing down too:D
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Whats the budget bettyboop?

380€ would get you an excellent gaming tv

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32C530

Not a bargain, just a good deal as such, the cheapest 32" tv you will find would ~300€ but paying the small bit extra for a decent brand is completely worth it IMHO

Advertisement