Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V - To Be Direct Sequel To Oblivion

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

jamezy wrote: »
    Oblivion is a fantastic game and i would recommend checking it out! But no, you do not need to have played it to understand Skyrim. Skyrim will be a stand alone story.

The Oblivion crisis will more than likely be referenced in game in some manner (it was in the trailer as one of the triggers for the resurgence of Alduin and the dragons). Doubt it will be more than that though!

Thanx for info...I might play Oblivion first then and get Skyrim when the price drops ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

carbonkid wrote: »
    I never played the series...and from the sound of it, i'd be better playing Oblivion first because the stories are linked to some degree. Would i need to go further back to Morrowind or it is more of a stand alone story?

The E3 footage of this game looks pretty amazing ^_^

You don't need to play Morrowind or Oblivion to know whats going on I'd say but they are both well worth a play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

The E3 gameplay is so amazing, i'm angry i watched it cause now I want it even more :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The E3 gameplay is so amazing, i'm angry i watched it cause now I want it even more :mad:

Did you watch the longer 13 minute version as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I've played Oblivion and it was one of the most overrated games I have had the misfortune of playing.

No substance whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

^^^^^^

17010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I've played Oblivion and it was one of the most overrated games I have had the misfortune of playing.

No substance whatsoever.

Then perhaps Elder Scrolls V is not for you.

Then perhaps Elder Scrolls V is not for you.

I was really looking forward to the game but was very disappointed with the game play and storyline. So I guess, yep it wasn't for me. But I only discovered that after forking out €50-€60 quid for it.

^^^^^^

17010.jpg

I expressed an opinion. How do you see that as trolling? Maybe the only troll on here is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Monotype wrote: »
    Did you watch the longer 13 minute version as well?

Yeah, twice actually :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Finbarr, your are perfectly entitled to your opinion of Oblivion. This thread is about Elder Scrolls V however. Coming on to a thread to post an off topic negative opinion is not constructive and could very easily be seen as trolling. Do not continue this behaviour.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Finbarr, your are perfectly entitled to your opinion of Oblivion. This thread is about Elder Scrolls V however. Coming on to a thread to post an off topic negative opinion is not constructive and could very easily be seen as trolling. Do not continue this behaviour.

Fair enough but if Obilivion IV is anything to go by, well good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Fair enough but if Obilivion IV is anything to go by, well good luck with that.

But it depends on who you ask. For me, if The Elder Scolls IV (not Oblivion IV :P) is anything to go by, Skyrim will be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Im genuinely worried that this game could consume my life.

Just put an alarm clock next to you to remind you to eat etc. ;) Be careful not to end up homeless though.
    I was playing oblivion all day for a while when it came out, then I suddenly got bored of it and wouldn't even load it up for a short while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Im genuinely worried that this game could consume my life.

For sure. I am going to put that 300 hour estimate to the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Im going to be in my masters program when this game comes out which means one of two things will happen , I wont buy the game or i will fail , Updates as they happen.

You should take a year out just for this game. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

You should take a year out just for this game. ;)

Also looking at other releases coming up ,
    ie
    Battlefield 3
    New batman game
    This game

A year out might not be a bad plan :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

cheapest i can find it is here £25.99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skerries wrote: »
    cheapest i can find it is here £25.99

Have you ordered from them before?are they quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i have ordered before but i can't remember how quick they were as it wasn't a game i was in a hurry to get, they just had the best price
    and i have just ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic off them now as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭BrerWolf

107 days to go....

I've already booked off the 14th Nov to the 14th Dec...

Ah, playing skyrim in a ski lodge in the alps....

Or maybe I should goto Norway... excuse me, I'm off to look at sites...

Where's news of their collectors' edition?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where's news of their collectors' edition?!

thats what I wondering too

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

i can see it now .... 6 one news on the 12th of november plastic sheeting doing a special report on how the largest quantity of sick days taking since the pope came :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

thats what I wondering too

Collectors Edition includes:
    • Alduin Statue - Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 30.5cm tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modelled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
    • ‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-colour illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 23.8cm x 30.8cm coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
    • ‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise.

All gotten from the gamestop website, I'm assuming they have reliable sources.:rolleyes:
    I also ordered the collectors edition. FML...or lack there of after 11/11/11

Advertisement