Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky plus vs UPC plus

• 23-11-2010 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I'm currently on plain old UPC and looking to change. Can people recommend one over the other? Do either of them have a habit of disappearing in bad weather or things like that? Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

PatsyR wrote: »
    Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I'm currently on plain old UPC and looking to change. Can people recommend one over the other? Do either of them have a habit of disappearing in bad weather or things like that? Thanks

Humax Freesat+ is better than sky+, upc+ combined,

its all for a once off fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ftakeith wrote: »

If you want to watch sport or movies then you are wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I find sky is a lot faster when going through the option screens.

UPC won't disappear in bad weather unless there's a cabling problem somewhere. Sky won't either if you have a big enough dish that is set up correctly.

On the other hand, the UPC Digital+ box is inferior to the Sky+ HD box. Sky's box is much faster and at least it doesn't jump back to channel 100 if you enter a wrong digit... :mad:
    ftakeith wrote: »

Cheaper yes, but not necessarily better. Depends on your viewing habits and tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Karsini wrote: »
    UPC won't disappear in bad weather unless there's a cabling problem somewhere. Sky won't either if you have a big enough dish that is set up correctly.

To be fair, I have only lost reception once due to a torrential downpour and that was the kind of rain that wont allow you to see 2 feet in front of you.

It does happen but it is extremely rare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement