Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Expansion

Options
  • 23-11-2010 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

The next Lord of The Rigns Online expansion is set for release... in a years time. It's going to cover Dunland, Gap of Rohan and Isengard. The level cap is upped to 70 and Monster play is to be expanded.

From Gamespot:
    Gamespot wrote:
    Though the upcoming Hobbit film is nowhere near release, Tolkien fans thirsting for new Middle-earth content will receive two titles in 2011. Last March, Warner Bros. announced that the action role-playing gameLord of the Rings: War in the North will arrive sometime in 2011.

Also coming next year is Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard, the free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game's third content expansion. Set to be released during fall 2010, the add-on follows Mines of Moria and Siege of Mirkwood, which shipped in 2008 and 2009, respectively.
    saruman_78713_embed.jpg The evil Saruman and his similarly nefarious minions await gamers in the new expansion.

Rise of Isengard will be available exclusively for purchase through the Lord of the Rings Online virtual marketplace. However, its price has not been announced by developer/publisher Turbine or copublisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

The Rise of Isengard expansion will contain three zones: Dunland, the Gap of Rohan, and the famed Isengard, complete with Orthanc, the iconic tower where the traitorous Saruman dwells. Journeying through these zones, players can level up to a new height of 70.

Also included in the Rise of Isengard expansion will be "expanded" Monster Play. The updated mode will be open to all players and will include changes to monster player skills, as well as a new region in which to battle.

I haven't tried it since it went free-to-play, but I might load this up again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

humanji wrote: »
    and Monster play is to be expanded.
    Praise Sauron!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

What are the odds of you hitting 65 on one of your characters by then Hellfire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I think the rule is I hit the cap just as it increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm still waiting for the addon support... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

ROI goes live today. Servers should be back up around midnight but probably best to leave it a couple of days for anyone interested in getting back into the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement