Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Xbox Live Modem/Router

Options
  • 23-11-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All, hopefully someone can give me words of wisdom on this one. I what to replace my eircom netopia router with a faster, better model. I am hoping this will help with on line lag.

I am looking at different models and like the look of some d-link ones. But im not sure what I am looking for! Most of the models I have looked at dont seem to have a port in the back for a telephone line to connect to like my netopia one? Would I have to buy two different products and piggy back one off the other?

This might seem a stupid question to you guys but I dont want to spend money and then find out I can use it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

i guess you are using DSL connection, which means you need router with built-in modem, thats why there is the phone cable there. or buy two seperate units. modem and router.

for normal use i would recommend the buffalo WBMR-HP-GN where it have built-in modem

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

Thanks for the reply akamossie, I bit the bullet and bought a netgear RangeMax Dual Band N300 router.

Dont know what has gone wrong but my speed has halved since I set it up and my Xbox will not connect to it at all. Nightmare :(

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

I have one of those too, works fine, i have the Xbox in the DMZ that said

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

DMZ or portforward the ports for your xbox, check http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WNDR3300/Xbox_Live_360.htm

for the speed issue, what encryption you using for wireless

Advertisement