Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Xtra Factor

Options
  • 23-11-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I wanted to start a thread on this, perhaps we can all move from X Factor to Xtra Factor threads each week as the show jumps channels. In any case, this show is appalling, even more so then the main show. People may disagree, but these are the main problems I have with the Xtra Factor....

1. The new presenter still treats it like Blue Peter, every thing that goes unscripted gets a nervous twitch into the camera....you know that arkward smile she does
    2. Danni seems to take the wrong end of the stick no matter what she says, its quite funny, because everytime the presenter tries to make a comment to Danni she words it so that Danni takes it to be a massive insult on her intelligence and mentoring ability
    3. Everyone, and I mean everyone, who calls in is either some kind of weirdo or runs over time. This presenter makes it obvious that nobody can view an opinion that doesn't conform with the strict XF atmos and anyone who does so needs to be cut off as fast as possible. Before they go, she needs to discredit them by making some random, jokingly type phrased insult
    4. Her interviews with the contestants are ridiculous, she basically spends time agreeing with everyone, and no matter what they say she repeats it back to them twice
    5. The structure of the programme is pointless, and is ideally placed to allow the public to share their opinion on the proceedings, but when someone tries to they're accused of being either an undercover journalist or Louis tells them they're wrong wrong wrong and the "panto audience" simply chant away
    6. Interviews with Dermot O Leary seem pointless, and forced, since the man simply presents the programme and tries to stand up for everyone...giving enough of his opinion on the XF...therefore, why do we need to know Dermot's opinion after the show as well.

Those are just a few of the things I hate about this show. And to be perfectly honest it wasn't much better with Holly.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think this is a great idea for a thread. :)
    I watch Xtra Factor sometimes (less this year because that bint Konnie annoys me) but on TV3 so a lot of people who have Sky are discussing Xtra Factor on the other thread while a lot more are still discussing the main show because they're waiting for the TV3 showing after 'I'm a Celebrity'.

I still think it's class that Konnie Huq is married to Charlie 'I hate the X-Factor, it appeals to the lowest dregs of society' Brooker. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Posy wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea for a thread. :)
    I watch Xtra Factor sometimes (less this year because that bint Konnie annoys me) but on TV3 so a lot of people who have Sky are discussing Xtra Factor on the other thread while a lot more are still discussing the main show because they're waiting for the TV3 showing after 'I'm a Celebrity'.

I still think it's class that Konnie Huq is married to Charlie 'I hate the X-Factor, it appeals to the lowest dregs of society' Brooker. :D

Wow. I did'nt know she was married to him. The mans a legend though and this further adds to that that since Konnies really hot if annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,257 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Konnie is a crap presenter she needs to go asap - how do we vote her out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

This is what sums it up for me:

Konnie = rump steak
    Holly = filet mignon
    :D

Why have a rump steak when you can have prime fillet of beef? Konnie is useless, she has ruined Xtra Factor. She's a Holly wannabe but completely fails at it! :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I miss Holly. :(
    And she's pregnant again, so if there's another series, there's no chance of her hosting it next year either. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,257 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How about Wagner as the new host of Xtra Factor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How about Wagner as the new host of Xtra Factor :p

That is the BEST idea I've ever read on boards! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I dont like it much at all this year... Apart from Konnie being awful, they took away nearly all the interaction with the contestants.. Like wasnt the point of the show so that you could get to know them?
    The only part I like atm is the judges call ins but thats so censored it gets fair boring...
    And most the panels are pretty awful, like who are half these people and why should I care about their opinion, espec when most just repeat what the judges say word for word.. Dont get me started on the interviewing Dermot... Like they may aswell roll for ads instead of that, utterly pointless.
    Sometimes they've decent clips but I only like them coz Cowell makes sure theres plenty One Direction in them to get the teeny votes, but theyre not actually that good.

So yea, Xtra Factor sucks but Im still gonna watch it each week.

Advertisement