Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

• 23-11-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Anyone using wireless broadband in West Limerick (near Foynes). DSL isn't an option as the house is in a rural area. Not looking for super fast broadband so I am more interested in the cheaper options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Not exactly in your area (we're over Carrigkerry way), but you could try BBNet. You'd need to check what their initial installation fee is now, and you could get up to 3mb download and up to 1mb upload for 39.99 per month. They're OK to deal with and sort any problems fairly quickly, but make sure you can get a good line of sight to their transmitter, or you could suffer a fair bit of 'hanging' on the upload speed at busy times!

Also, I saw an article in the Limerick Leader re a company called Ripplecom, based in Raheen that you could also check out on line, but I don't know anything about them. If, like us, you're a bit rural then there's not a lot of choice at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

here is what digiweb offer for foynes but very expensive to get it installed

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/satellite-broadband/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CraziLadi

Did you check up UPC? they seem to be doing great deals at the moment from €25 per month 8Mb although I'm not sure if you can get th service in Foynes but you can check on their website...if you can access it or else ring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

UPC Broadband is currently only available in the Limerick area in areas that have cable only i.e. Limerick city, county is covered by MMDS which currently is unserved by broadband

Advertisement