Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless disconnecting

Options
  • 23-11-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

this is a weird problem,well it sounds weird anyway.
    my wireless broadband disconnects every night around 9pm for one or two hours(so i cant use the internet on my phone).the broadband(as in the destop pc) itself works fine but the wireless just cuts out at that time everynight and i cannot figure it out.

anyone else have that problem?i have a netgear wgr614 and samsung galaxy s phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Does anything else, either in your house or nearby, start up around that time and run for one to two hours which could be generating RF interference?

Have you tried using a different channel for your wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

FSL wrote: »
    Does anything else, either in your house or nearby, start up around that time and run for one to two hours which could be generating RF interference?

Have you tried using a different channel for your wireless.

ok the only thing i can think of is the baby monitor?does that generate rf interference?

and sorry but how do you change channels for the wireless?i know how to access the router controls and all that but i cant find where to change the channel.

cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The baby alarm is probably wireless unless it is one of those that works like a homeplug.

The channel is selected from the drop down box on the wireless settings page of the router.

Choose one as far away from the current one as possible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Also tv wireless senders can be disastrous for wireless signals.

Advertisement