Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Unlock

Options
  • 23-11-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hey guys

I have recently received a mobile phone that is a vodafone sim only phone, now my current phone is a meteor mobile. In order to use my meteor sim in a vodafone mobile phone, is there any way i can unlock the code thats required? :( its a nokia 7360 and a much better standard than my current meteor phone and i dont want to have to switch networks!

Hope someone thats good with mobiles can help me! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Get the previous owner to get the unlock code from vodafone, they can do so online on the vodafone.ie site

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Ok the problem there is that my friend is out of the country and cant help me on that way, any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you have your friends sim?
    Does your friend have a VF online account?
    If so he or you can log into https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/mymobile/phoneanddevice/nac/mynac/index.jsp and request the code, as stated above by Davy.

More info

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Oh right, if he were to do it, what details would he need to have for him to do it online, i might just email him and ask could he do it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

He needs to be able to log in to vodafone.ie.

If he doesn't have an online account you may as well create one for him, but I'm not sure if you can get the unlock code with a new account.

Or just post in VF forum and ask for unlock code to be texted to the phone, make sure to have the VF sim in the phone.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270
    I think the phone must have been topped up by 130 euro during the last 6 months for you to get the code.

• Advertisement
Advertisement