Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flicker Scooter

Options
  • 23-11-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All

I was thinking of getting my niece a Flicker Scooter (she is 4 nearly 5) and all the kids on her road have them.. But i have heard they are a bit dangerous... Do you recommend these? I really dont want her to be left out but i know her mother will kill me if she hurts herself!! :eek::eek::eek:

Please help!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

cathyk626 wrote: »
    Hi All

I was thinking of getting my niece a Flicker Scooter (she is 4 nearly 5) and all the kids on her road have them.. But i have heard they are a bit dangerous... Do you recommend these? I really dont want her to be left out but i know her mother will kill me if she hurts herself!! :eek::eek::eek:

Please help!!!

hi cathy, your niece will be fine, once she has on her helmet and knee pads. you might get a better response over in the parenting forum though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello Cathy

I really want one of these myself but the adults ones are pricey...Id say you little niece will be fine once like we'llallhavetea (i love the name :)) said once she has the helmet and knee pads the worst she can do is get a scrape which could happen anywhere..My nephew just turned 4 and he is really slight chap and he flies around on it hasnt done anything damaging to himself

Nothing dangerous about them as long as you buy the one for her size. My daughter went on her cousin's size 3 one and fell off as it was too difficult too control. I think the one she has is size 1 (she's 6). It is a fantastic toy, great for keeping their little bodies moving.

The only thing I'll say - and you will know better than me how your own family works, so please don't take offence - is that it's a fairly big toy to get a niece. Just be sure not to out-do santa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

If she's only four I think an ordinary scooter would be better - My ten year old is getting a Size 3 Flicker from us/Santa (not sure if he's pretending to believe this year or not but we're playing along too!) and my 5 yr old is getting one of those razor style scooters (she already has a plain silver and pink one that she spent most of the summer on and loved it but it broke last week and she said she's asking Santa for a new one - probably a Moxie girl one or a pink Hello Kitty one. The Moxie one is about 45/50 euro but I saw the Hello Kitty one in Smyths for 24.95- I'd say that's a better present for your niece, especially with the price. The Flicker my son wants is 70 euro which is okay as a Santa gift but I wouldn't spend that on any of my much loved nieces and nephews! As someone already commented, it's a bad idea to outdo Santa!

Advertisement