Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Tariffs

Options
  • 23-11-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Can any one tell me the average price for a kwh for a large premises or supermarket. I can't find a figure anywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Lefty2Guns,

The price of a killowatt of power for a given customer (and at a given time) depends on that customer's selected tariff. You may find figures for our domestic tariffs here.

If you are a business customer, our price plans are outlined here. It is recommended that you contact our business team directly for a price plan tailored to suit your own individual needs and preferences.

Are you aware of the MIC (Maximum Import Capacity) of the premises in question? Generally speaking, MICs exceeding 15kva (kilovolt-amperes) cross the domestic threshold and are thus considered commerical/business connections (unless you upgrade a domestic connection to a maximum of 16kva - usually to facilitate geothermal heating, electric showers or other power-hungry installations).

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact us. I hope this information is of help.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Hi David,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I should have being more clearer in my original post. I am an Energy Management student and I am doing an assignment at the moment comparing alternative energy to electrical energy. My assignment is based on a supermarket and I was looking for a average kwh figure for a supermarket, just for calculation purposes.

Would you have a ball park figure for this, or would I have to calculate it all myself.

Thanks,
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Lefty2Guns,

I have just sent you a PM in relation to your query.

If you have any more questions I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement