Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY SPORTS

• 23-11-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭

Having fought off the financial burden that sky sports plus HD is i today had to take the dreaded step and cancel the sports package.
    I feel oh so sad but i am wondering can one football fan survive without sky sports?
    today is a sad day.............

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

ibtl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This thread won't end well. It's really cool to hate Sky Sports apparently, and if that's the case, then colour me square because I think their production is fantastic. So what, some of their pundits are uninspiring and they like to build hype. They show a hell of a lot of the matches of the league I follow and for that I'm bloody thankful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

And the point of this thread is????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Archimedes wrote: »
    This thread won't end well. It's really cool to hate Sky Sports apparently, and if that's the case, then colour me square because I think their production is fantastic. So what, some of their pundits are uninspiring and they like to build hype. They show a hell of a lot of the matches of the league I follow and for that I'm bloody thankful.

i agree totally,coverage is fantastic just the bloody price of it.

least i got the premiership on rte and match of the day.............sad sad times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Get with the times Dahat, streams are where the partys at. Spend what you save on Sky sports increasing your broadband speed, and watch all the games in the world, as well as jeff and the boys on your computer.

Pay tv is for girly boys.

• Advertisement

And the point of this thread is????????

moaning about the loss of a dear friend in sky sports..........
    dont post if ya dont find it to your level.
    or mods can delete the whole thing if they want.

question i asked was can a soccer fan survive without sky sports???

Get with the times Dahat, streams are where the partys at. Spend what you save on Sky sports increasing your broadband speed, and watch all the games in the world, as well as jeff and the boys on your computer.

Pay tv is for girly boys.

can never find good streams,though i have a slow speed,3mb.
    recommended level for streams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Overpriced, good decision to cut it.
    Andy Gray sucks too.

Foreign channels ftw, cheaper and just as good. There's a polish provider that has all the Sky and ESPN games for €170 a year...check adverts.ie for cyfra if you want your football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Sky's coverage of matches is unsurpassed. Never a ****ed up camera angle, never a cut in sound. Commentary is a bit **** pre-post matches, but I prefer it to RTE immensely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be honest, if anything, I kinda wish we could go back to the days where they had a monopoly and had all the games...well, except for the pay per view games. they sucked alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    To be honest, if anything, I kinda wish we could go back to the days where they had a monopoly and had all the games...well, except for the pay per view games. they sucked alright.

Yep, me too. Danny Mills commentary on the United match at the weekend made Andy Grey sound like a genius really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

dahat wrote: »
    question i asked was can a soccer fan survive without sky sports???
    Yes quite easily:
    go watch a live football match in person or a watch a different station or online or join a 5/11 a side team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

OH no, you dont have Sky Sports News HD anymore! You need to get that back pronto! Its ever so great, hence why they pimp it every 2 seconds!! If you cant see that Richard blokes wrinkles up super close, and the hair comin out of his nose, well then its not a proper sporting experience! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

can never find good streams,though i have a slow speed,3mb.
    recommended level for streams?

Never had sky sports.

Streaming is the future. Getting better every year. 3mb is plenty, i have 2mb, been streaming over 5 years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Sopcast is what I use, hasnt let me down yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Having fought off the financial burden that sky sports plus HD is i today had to take the dreaded step and cancel the sports package.
    I feel oh so sad but i am wondering can one football fan survive without sky sports?

spiderbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

You could try stop being a stooler and start getting your ass off the couch and come march start supporting your local team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oh gawd.

Lock lock lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Oh gawd.

Lock lock lock.

Every fupping thread.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

BOHtox wrote: »
    You could try stop being a stooler and start getting your ass of the couch and come march start supporting your local team.

No he was an armchair fan, jeez the LOI brigade usually get their terminology right, you must be new :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I used to have it but only rarely miss it these days. This just has to be retrieved for the occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You could try stop being a stooler and start getting your ass of the couch and come march start supporting your local team.

FIGHT THE POWER BUDDY

"You can take our barstools but you'll never take our freedom!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mars bar wrote: »
    Yep, me too. Danny Mills commentary on the United match at the weekend made Andy Grey sound like a genius really.

Danny Mills is on Off The Ball on Newstalk quite a bit, have to say he comes across really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Here you go:http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football

If you have friends who have sky, ask them if you can use their online skyplayer account. Maybe give em a few quid in return.

Watching the chelsea match online now with the girlfriends mothers account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Danny Mills is on Off The Ball on Newstalk quite a bit, have to say he comes across really well.

He must have been having an off day on Saturday as he talked some complete and utter rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

You could try stop being a stooler and start getting your ass off the couch and come march start supporting your local team.

Well Done. Yet again a 'real' football fan ruins a thread with his superiority complex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement