Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three (3) Mobile - Phone Interview

Options
  • 23-11-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey lads, got a phone call Monday about a '' Phone Interview '' on Friday etc. Are phone interviews usually an interview before a Real Life one ? Or is that usually it ? Im confused as to whether they may have a few different stages, Its only for a mobile phone shop like..

Also wondering if anyone has any experience working here,
    whats the company like to work for, pay and benefits etc.

Its only for Part Time work.

Thanks Lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭mojesius

Hi NDubz, never worked for 3 myself but have gone through shed loads of interviews over the years and worked for companies that did them.

The phone interview is usually a screening, basically a brief expansion of your CV is what they're looking for, and they'll likely ask why you want the job. Then you'll probably get an onsite interview, if successful. I know it seems a bit much, but it saves employers time and resources on lots of onsite interviews. Best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

mojesius wrote: »
    Hi NDubz, never worked for 3 myself but have gone through shed loads of interviews over the years and worked for companies that did them.

The phone interview is usually a screening, basically a brief expansion of your CV is what they're looking for, and they'll likely ask why you want the job. Then you'll probably get an onsite interview, if successful. I know it seems a bit much, but it saves employers time and resources on lots of onsite interviews. Best of luck with it. :)

Thanks Man, just didn't really know what to expect. Now ill be more prepared for it that I half know what to expect. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

ndubz wrote: »
    Hey lads, got a phone call Monday about a '' Phone Interview '' on Friday etc. Are phone interviews usually an interview before a Real Life one ? Or is that usually it ? Im confused as to whether they may have a few different stages, Its only for a mobile phone shop like..

Also wondering if anyone has any experience working here,
    whats the company like to work for, pay and benefits etc.

Its only for Part Time work.

Thanks Lads

Phone interview and then they call you in for a face to face one if they like you. Had two a while ago from 3, seem to read off the same sheet in all interviews, questions I can remember:

Talk me through your CV
    Why do you want to work for 3
    Example of how you dealt with a difficult customer
    What times/days are you available to work
    Example of when you worked as part of a team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

TheRiddler wrote: »
    Phone interview and then they call you in for a face to face one if they like you. Had two a while ago from 3, seem to read off the same sheet in all interviews, questions I can remember:

Talk me through your CV

an example of when you cleaned the cache and remove the sim card...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

TheRiddler wrote: »

Talk me through your CV

Hey ridler, thanks for the head's up.. Good to know what to expect ya know, cause I really really need a job at the mo'. Left a taxi place was working in cause the hours were too late and too much + they text you all the time and im a student.

So you say you've done two phone interviews in the last while? Does that mean their even semi-interested in you? Did you get a job?

The illusion I was under was they were just doing phone interviews because they were cheaper and quicker and they just needed staff for christmas!

and 'x in the city' I don't get the Cache and sim card joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

know you stuff about hutch, size of the company, how many employees, what sectors, http://www.hutchison-whampoa.com/eng/index.htm also know all about 3 themselves http://www.three.com/ Hopefully you have a 3 phone and know their props and what they offer compared to other networks.
    Don't get nervous, try and get the person on the other end of the phone really interested in you. Clued up and Friendly will get you to the next stage.

Ask a lot about the Job, your career progression, what the company is like to work for, things like that, just really show a genuine interest.

They might call 50 people tomorrow you want to be the one that stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

ndubz wrote: »
    and 'x in the city' I don't get the Cache and sim card joke?
    It's something you'll end up hearing/saying a million times a week if you get the job. People come in with faulty phones/modems they purchased* and you'll just have to make a call for the customer to the customer care lads in the call centre in India, who will always first insist you run through the stock "take out the sim card and put it back in" type suggestions before they consider discussing other solutions to the problem.

*There will be lots of these. Lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well how did it go ndubz?

Advertisement