Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Forum

• 23-11-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

As this is a Forum and I understood that I might get a answer to a question? I PM a member to asks his opinion. All I got back was a sarcastic remark.

If this is the way people treats other members on this Forum, then I don't want any part in it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

HBAMS wrote: »
    As this is a Forum and I understood that I might get a answer to a question? I PM a member to asks his opinion. All I got back was a sarcastic remark.

If this is the way people treats other members on this Forum, then I don't want any part in it.

I'm sorry to hear this.
    I've been a member for a while now and have found it very friendly and helpful. Although it's no excuse, perhaps you caught someone on a bad day.

Don't give up just try again.

Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

HBAMS wrote: »

Sorry hear that but I have to say it is in complete contrast to my own experience. I have pm'd a couple of people on this forum and they have always been very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

I agree with the last to posters........rarely will you get grief in here.....were a friendly bunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

sorry to hear that,(:o it wasnt me !) been to here a while and i have always found the boys and girls very helpful
    what was the question may be someone else will be along with the info you looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Time to call a spade a spade here , that OP is referring to me .

Make up your own minds .

Re: Importing from germany
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aidan_M_M
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HBAMS
    Hi Aidan.
    We have just come back from Germany with a 2007 Hymer 614 A class.
    Rang Custom house here in Galway to register, to be told that the NCT now deals with it. Rang number and was given appointment for tomorrow at 9am, they would send email to confirm and bring all forms as instructed. All was fine till reading the form to see that Bill of sale and Log book would have to be in English and all our as you would expect are in German.Rang back NCT again and said that the bill of sale would have to be in German as that where we bought it and she said I could write that out and translate it myself but the Registration would have to be original document. I have now rang Dealer in Germany and he never heard of English Log book but would look into it.

Have you any thought or advice on this. I appreciate any help with this.
    Thanks in advance.

my response...

Oh thats a tricky one , shame you didn't buy here in Ireland or through a dealer or you wouldn't have this mess. We have had to get the manufacturers to sort out an official document for us for registration , I don't know what you are going to do , we haven't imported anything from abroad for quite a while .

The NCT don't appear fully up to speed on Motorhomes , we waited 3 weeks for a reg number on a new one , with all the correct English printed paper work..

OP's reply

Thanks for nothing.

Now if anyone thinks I've wronged that poster , please tell me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Time to call a spade a spade here , that OP is referring to me .

Make up your own minds .

Perhaps he though that the last line "Thanks for nothing" was sarcasm because he hadn't spent his money here in Ireland ?:confused:

Aidan_M_M wrote: »

Not me. OP being unreasonable here if you ask me.

It was the OP that said "Thanks for nothing" in reply to Aidans response. Definitely, not on. The OP may be disappointed with the reply but that is no reason to be rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Perhaps he though that the last line "Thanks for nothing" was sarcasm because he hadn't spent his money here in Ireland ?:confused:

Thanks for nothing was the OP's reply to my response.

I must admit , I was quite miffed at that reply , so I replied in turn
    What do you want me to do??!! I don't appreciate the sarcastic tone of your message . We don't sell new Hymers , so I don't have Stat codes or V5s or log books for them , why didn't you look into this before you went out of the country to buy ? It's not my fault you're hitting a brick wall , everyone is in the same boat.

Sheeeesh.

And I'm also a bit disappointed that the same OP felt the need to come on here complaining about a PM conversation . I am not a moderator , I have no ties whatsoever to Boards , I just try and help out people with free advice whenever I can . The VRT/NCT issue has been discussed here in open forum , it's not my fault it's a shambles at the moment .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

/me loves the moebius-like definition of "forum use" as "private message"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

HBAMS
    Members on here are a very helpful bunch. That's probably the reason for this forums success.
    I think all our members here will agree that Aidan has been an excellent resource here on boards.
    If you have a particular question relating to Motorhomes & Campervans then your welcome to post here.
    This forum is not designed to taking swipes at fellow members.

Thread locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

and to add ...

The idea of the forum is to ask questions openly on the forum and receive the answers openly as well ...so that all can profit.

Kinda the reason why it's called a forum :D

I don't mean to discourage people from using pms' ...but questions of general interest should rather be asked on the forum than by pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement