Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De facto relationship application time

Options
  • 23-11-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I've just applied for a de facto relationship visa on the basis of my 4.5 year relationship with my fiance who is an Irish national. We've been living together for 3.5 years and are getting married in March 2011. I applied 2 weeks ago and wondered if anyone has applied for one recently and knows how long the processing times are?
    Do you know how they issue the visa? I sent photocopies of all our documentation along with photos and every page of our passports. Is it just a letter or will I have to take my passport somewhere to be stamped with the visa?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mark23

I too applied recently. Does anyone have any up-to-date information on the response times?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

This interests me also.

I have a question, can you apply for this visa in your partners absence or do they have to be in the country with you at the time? And how long does it take to issue? If it is issues in their absence, how long is a positive response valid for before they have to come to the country to live there?

Also, how long is this visa valid for once it is issued and active?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cella00

Hi there,

I've since had mine granted in mid January - so a total processing time of 2 months. I'm not sure about it being granted if your partner is not in the country with you, as my fiance and I live together here. I would think they do, as he has to come to the immigration office with me to have his Irish passport sighted in order for me to have mine stamped.

Advertisement