Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disrespect of the gardai

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Why don't you grow up and stop being such a gimp

But being a gimp is one of my favourite things to be, i dont wanna stop, i will protest for my right to be a gimp:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Protesters storming the gate inflamed the situation, why couldn't they protest outside?

They should have and i think that was the plan you can hear people shouting "don't, don't" when they were at the gates but there will always be a few idiots in a group. Peoples emotions are running high and some idiots got over zealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Nope. I just think it's funny the way your complaints were at first about all the Gardai, then it was about this one Garda, then it was about Gardai drinking your tea and not getting the boys in the crime lab to run DNA analysis on fibres found in your car when someone broke in to it.

I didnt see any other garda try to stop the garda that had gone berserk. Ok il accept your point that it was firstly about all gardai and it has now seemed to change to one garda, but it was similar to the unnecessary force used when an middle aged man stood infront of the ministers car. If you call refusing to move when a garda tells you to a "violent" protest then we might aswell just stop the conversation here.

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Because the wanted to protest inside

Well ''the'' was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Protesters storming the gate inflamed the situation, why couldn't they protest outside?

Storming? They walked through the poxy thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

IK09 wrote: »
    If you call refusing to move when a garda tells you to a "violent" protest then we might aswell just stop the conversation here.

Where did you see me talking about that man? Nowhere. Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

Are you still claiming that the guys rushing the gates were engaged in a peaceful protest?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Banned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Nodin wrote: »
    Storming? They walked through the poxy thing.

And what exactly do you think there intentions were when they got inside?

To sit down and have a "peaceful" chat with some politicians?

I call bullshít

Where did you see me talking about that man? Nowhere. Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

Are you still claiming that the guys rushing the gates were engaged in a peaceful protest?

It was hardly violent. And "rushing" is taking the piss. It was like the exodus from a bingo hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

maby you should practise what you preach.

• Advertisement

It was hardly violent. And "rushing" is taking the piss. It was like the exodus from a bingo hall.

I didn't say it was violent. But they can't claim they were being peaceful either.

Perhaps rush is too strong a word alright.

I call bullshít

I concur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

IK09 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am disgusted by the level of disrespect shown by the gardai to Irish civilians during protests.

They were well able to catch a cold when it was theyre wages that would be cut
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0S_TT5GAvo&feature=player_embedded

I felt like ripping the head off this scumbag garda

Those rioters could have been shot.. In most other countries they would have been.

Fair play to AGS.

A lot of shouting.

As above. O'Snodaigh was with them, so it was hardly going to end in violence. Apart from the one Garda, who evidently went berserk.

Can I ask a question: If you're on the ground of government buildings without permission, does that count as trespassing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I call bullshít

They had plenty of time to make a dash for the building which they didn't. I don't even think they had an intention of going in the first place. Since the gate was open, they just made there way in. Once inside the gate, it looked like they didn't know where to go so just stopped there.

A lot of shouting.

As above. O'Snodaigh was with them, so it was hardly going to end in violence. Apart from the one Garda, who evidently went berserk.

O'Snodaigh did look fairly in control of things alright, didnt he?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Well ''the'' was wrong

Well i think that firmly shuts the door on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

What always makes me smirk is the way these things turn out.

" A few hotheads got out of control"

Remember the last protest to Leinster House.. what was the result?

"A few hotheads got out of control"

same old, same old,,, what is needed is that the ringleaders with the Shinner placards are isolated and the ringleaders who as I saw from the vid, had O'Snodaigh in full voice, should have been wearing full upper and lower dentures today and on a diet of soup for a week or two.

That's what i would have ensured if i was one of those cops being abused and taken advantage of.

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Once inside the gate, it looked like they didn't know where to go so just stopped there.

But when they were ordered to leave why didn't they do that?

A lot of shouting.

Oh yea, I forgot how good shouting was at solving a nations crisis.

Touché sir. Well played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Not a fan of the Gardaí but I wouldn't really say there was much to complain about so far in the protests. Most of those who got a thump deserved it. There was one or two fairly excited ones but it's not like they've even badly injured anyone, the worst I saw has been someone knocked out in one video.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Those rioters could have been shot.. In most other countries they would have been.

Don't be so melodramatic.

Can I ask a question: If you're on the ground of government buildings without permission, does that count as trespassing?

More than likely. Remedied by the offenders being shoved off the premises and arresting the loudest mouths should they start anything. Its hardly 'wade in with the baton' time as one of the gardai seemed to think.

They had plenty of time to make a dash for the building which they didn't. I don't even think they had an intention of going in the first place. Since the gate was open, they just made there way in. Once inside the gate, it looked like they didn't know where to go so just stopped there.

Thats exactly the way I saw it, they didnt know what do when inside and then Garda B 334 started pushing people and swinging his baton

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Thats the thing you might get a baton to the head or kicked on the ground just for "not being happy with the goverment" so wear some protective gear - I'm going in a padded t-shirt, knee and elbow pads, scrum cap and balaclava.

What about your balls!! They always go for the balls!!!

parsi wrote: »
    Don't be so melodramatic.

I'm not being, believe it or not!.

Oh yea, I forgot how good shouting was at solving a nations crisis.

Touché sir. Well played

Its considerably more useful than clatters with a steel baton, in current circumstances.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Thats exactly the way I saw it, they didnt know what do when inside and then Garda B 334 started pushing people and swinging his baton

Is there a longer video or are you going off the same clip that's posted in this thread?
    More than likely. Remedied by the offenders being shoved off the premises and arresting the loudest mouths should they start anything. Its hardly 'wade in with the baton' time as one of the gardai seemed to think.

No I wasn't there and I've only seen that BBC news clip where the struggle is already underway. But I'm guessing that they would have been given the order to leave before yer man started swinging.

AGS are the first line of defence there, you really don't want to raise it to the second & last line of defence.

• Advertisement

Fair play to AGS.

We are not most other countries though, we are quite layed back in this place. So too start opening fire on a group of unarmed protesters is very much over the top. If they were to open fire, there would be alot of questions to answer too. Considering the force themselves are unarmed, to go shooting members of the public is a ridiculous statement to make.

Does quoting his badge number make you feel important or like you know more on the topic? Or were you hoping someone here might report him?

Relevance to quoting badge number = none

No I wasn't there and I've only seen that BBC news clip where the struggle is already underway. But I'm guessing that they would have been given the order to leave before yer man started swinging.

....I'd hate to be in a pub after you shout 'last orders'.....

Its considerably more useful than clatters with a steel baton, in current circumstances.

Apparently not.

Shouting has solved nothing, hitting that man with the bat did.

Bosco boy wrote: »
    What about your balls!! They always go for the balls!!!

ya but only real men have those !

But when they were ordered to leave why didn't they do that?

Well, one reason I can think of is because others had started to follow in. So your stuck in a jam. First in , last out and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Unfortunately the loudest mouths tend to be only heard after the event.;)

Apparently not.

Shouting has solved nothing, hitting that man with the bat did.

Well I'm glad we now know the kind of country you want to live in.

Considering the force themselves are unarmed, to go shooting members of the public is a ridiculous statement to make.

Seriously, "a ridiculous statement to make".. Do you know how well defended Government Buildings are?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Remember Robocop who interrupted his dinner, forgot his uniform and ran out to do his duty and whack shyte out of a few hippy students ?

Heard somewhere he's policing Bohs matches now.

Promotion I guess :D

• Advertisement

why are you stating his reg number ?

....I'd hate to be in a pub after you shout 'last orders'.....

Fortunately failing to follow an order to disperse from a barman isn't an offence. ;)
    Well, one reason I can think of is because others had started to follow in. So your stuck in a jam. First in , last out and all that.

It doesn't look like those lads up the front are making any attempt to go back out the gate at all now does it?

Seriously, "a ridiculous statement to make".. Do you know how well defended Government Buildings are?.

No, but I know they leave the gates open. Look, I am not getting on your case. I think it's just a bit OTT to start shooting people. That's all my point is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

hondasam wrote: »
    why are you stating his reg number ?

it kind of helps when they have one

Does quoting his badge number make you feel important or like you know more on the topic? Or were you hoping someone here might report him?

Relevance to quoting badge number = none

I'm sure he has already been reported, it's Garda like him who bring down the good work of others

No, but I know they leave the gates open. Look, I am not getting on your case. I think it's just a bit OTT to start shooting people. That's all my point is.

First off the gates are NEVER left open at Government Buildings. At Leinster House the gate is left half open.

And I too believe its way OTT to start shooting people.

But people should not be fooled into thinking Government Buildings and Leinster House are soft targets either.

Pal wrote: »
    it kind of helps when they have one

helps who exactly ?

Well I'm glad we now know the kind of country you want to live in.

I have not approved nor condoned what he did.

Merely stating that using his bat has shown more results than people shouting.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

AGS are the first line of defence there, you really don't want to raise it to the second & last line of defence.

I can imagine it now:

"Hey Soldier - take aim"
    "Wha' ?"
    "Take aim , damn ya"
    "Take wha' ? I can't hear you with my ear defenders..."

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    helps who exactly ?
    the general public

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement