Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disrespect of the gardai

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

You're moving on to a different point now which is punishment for crimes committed.

I'm merely showing that Gardai do get convicted of crimes and pulled up when they're out of line. Perhaps this doesn't happen as often as it should but it does happen.

And back to my original point - anyone who thinks all Gardai are either blind sheep doing what they're told or scum is just plain wrong.

It's a point of view that just doesn't stand up in the real world.

I was orignally suggesting there are thugs in the gardai, my point has not changed according to your links their are thugs still in the garda. Im convinced there are more good gaurds than bad ones but I have a problem with a force that doesnt eliminate the bad ones. ergo there are still thugs in the gaurda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I was orignally suggesting there are thugs in the gardai, my point has not changed according to your links their are thugs still in the garda. Im convinced there are more good gaurds than bad ones but I have a problem with a force that doesnt eliminate the bad ones. ergo there are still thugs in the gaurda

And if you look back at my posts you'll see I'm arguing against the point that all Gardai are either sheep or scum.

You thanked that post which I would take as meaning you agree with it.

So are you still standing by that statement or are you willing to admit that it is wrong?

And if you look back at my posts you'll see I'm arguing against the point that all Gardai are either sheep or scum.

You thanked that post which I would take as meaning you agree with it.

So are you still standing by that statement or are you willing to admit that it is wrong?

My original sentiment has not changed, there are still thugs in the gardai, I also said that there are also some nice gaurds in relation to that post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

My original sentiment has not changed, there are still thugs in the gardai, I also said that there are also some nice gaurds in relation to that post.

Odd post to thank if you don't agree with it.

Odd post to thank if you don't agree with it.

I agreed with it to some extent but wanted to mention the fact that I beleive there are some nice ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I agreed with it to some extent but wanted to mention the fact that I beleive there are some nice ones.

You largely agree with it in then?

I take it some means a minority in this cases, not a majority.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    You largely agree with it in then?

I take it some means a minority in this cases, not a majority.

I largley agree with it yes, Im guessing there are more good cops than bad cops. Ill equate my view of it with the catholic church im sure there are more good priests than bad ones but the ones letting the orginaization down have gone largley unpunished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

In a proper country the army would have come in and shot the lot of them. A political party with it's own private army with a history of atrocities, and two convicted terrorists at the helm storming Gov. Buildings is a clear cut attempted coup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Closed.

Gardai bashing got real old, real quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement