Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multiroom - Cabling 'challenge'

• 23-11-2010 7:32pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭

Question for the knowledgeable citizens of this forum.

Getting sky in now under a shared dish arrangement in my apartment. Only 2 rooms (sitting room and 1 bedroom) have the coaxial connection that the box will need, and only the sitting room has the phone connection. I would like to get the other 2 bedrooms done as well for this.

What is the least messy way to get the other rooms cabled up? I know there is a wireless phone thing (
    Amazon
    Amazon Amazon
    ) for phone connections, but does anyone know if you can have more than 1 of these?

Is it a fairly standard thing to get more rooms wired for sky? If it was an outside dish then I presume it would be easier, but it is not. Preferably would not have cables running along skirting boards, etc. Are there people who can do this all without costing an arm and a leg?

If I can't get someone to do it in advance, will the sky installation lad run cables along the skirting as needed to get this done? Will he bring sufficient cables for coax and phone?

Lots of questions I know, but I'm a bit clueless about this stuff to be honest.

Advertisement