Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod - Audio only coming out of right earphone

Options
  • 23-11-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

For the past week, whenever I try listen to my iPod I get this annoying problem where the sound only comes out of the right earphone. I've tried 3 different sets of earphones and it's still the same. I noticed that if I jiggle the earphone connector around a bit, the sound sometimes works properly until I let go. I'm basically wondering if anyone knows anything about this problem or how to fix it cause it's annoying as hell, cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

is there any dirt in the headphone socket, ya will prob have to send it off to apple to be repaired

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 OxiMoron

If it's an ipod vdeio 5th gen or ipod classic then you need a new ear jack circuit, It requires about 20 mins and 4 screws later you will have it fixed.

If its an ipod touch, then it needs a soldering job to replace the ear jack and you'll have to send it in to a repair shop.

Try cleaning the jack with a cut down q-tip soaked in alcohol/white spirit first.

PS don't be too liberal with the alcohol as there is a water sensor at the bottom of the jack which will get triggered voiding any warranty you have although i'm guessing it's out of warranty and that's why you're here.
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

Cheers man, I'll give that a bash anyways. I reckon she'll need repairing though ;(

Advertisement