Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S HELP!!

• 23-11-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

Got the galaxy S last week, put the pattern lock on it, and my friends decided to use up the 30 tries before im asked to put in my gmail account info, when i do this, it just says ''invalid password or username''..even though its the correct info!! searched it up and seems to be a common fault..i've tried some of the ''fixes'' online, but none of them work... can any one please help me? :mad: don't know what to do without my galaxy :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Try a reset...

Hold down the voume up key, the home key, and the power key together for about 10-15 seconds. A boot menu should load with the option to do a factory reset. (I'm sure this must have been in the list of fix suggestions?)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Reggie 365

Scotty # wrote: »
    Try a reset...

Hold down the voume up key, the home key, and the power key together for about 10-15 seconds. A boot menu should load with the option to do a factory reset. (I'm sure this must have been in the list of fix suggestions?)

I'm stuck in same predicament and not having any sucess with this solution. Has it worked for you kennethk or did you get a different solution. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

There was an article on Engadget about this bug a while back...apparently this is a bug in Android that has been there from the start

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/09/rough-edges-cut-deep-android-still-facing-years-old-unlock-scre/

Thanks odin_ie for quick reply. Gonna have a look at your link and hopefully be enlightened.:confused:

..... Had a look at link but nothing there to get me out of my fix. Tried several times to reset phone using volume up, home and power keys but cant get it to work either !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Flashing it maybe with the repartition in odin checked might help, I'm no expert, but the guys on xda-developers forum are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mccarn22

This is how difficult I found it to get my update, www.bluebrace.blogspot.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

jeez the galaxy never stops with the bugs does it?

just do a hard reset

jeez the galaxy never stops with the bugs does it?

just do a hard reset

I will try hard reset. Is it different procedure than reset as it has not worked.

Tks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Did u try ringing Samsung to solve this? I'm sure they would have a fix for that.

Hard reset is a factory reset. Everything is wiped to the way it came from the factory. I don't think it needs a code. Just google hard reset for samsung galaxy. I'm sure you will get easier instructions than I can put together :)

Thanks for that. Brought it back to CPW today and they contacted Samsung. It will be going back to Samsung service dept Monday if I don't have solution by then. Looks like safest option. Only have phone 6 wks and not much info on it except my contacts but I have them backed up on Kies.

Thank evolutionqy7.

• Advertisement
Advertisement