Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I went to the chippy on the way home from work..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Remember the good old days of the specials. Chips burger and bottle of cadet orange for a pound, them were the days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Kxiii wrote: »
    Remember the good old days of the specials. Chips burger and bottle of cadet orange for a pound, them were the days. :D

Hell yeah! A nice lunch time sausage special did the job! I wish I was a child again :P

Do they even do cadet anymore? Never see it in chippers. To be fair, I don't look for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

AndyKiely wrote: »
    Hell yeah! A nice lunch time sausage special did the job! I wish I was a child again :P

Indeed. But enough about Gary Glitter.

In my day, we'd get our £5 pocket money from our parents on a Friday, then at 7pm we'd all meet outside the Spar. Big John (every circle of friends has a Big John - the one who's always taller, larger and always gets served boose) would go in, bundle of £5 notes in hand.

We'd each get a bottle of Special Red (like White Lightening, but cheaper) for £1.50 and 10 Lambert and Buttler for £1.47. This is assuming the miserable cow isn't serving - she knew Big John wasn't really 18. The other staff didn't seem to know / care.

Then, off we went up the field to get twatted and take turns to feel big fat Ruth's boobs.

Best thing about it was, if we could get another quid from the olds in the morning, we could do it all again on Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Do they even do cadet anymore? Never see it in chippers. To be fair, I don't look for it.

Just been in Dooly's down the park,and they have cadet in 4 different flavours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Just been in Dooly's down the park,and they have cadet in 4 different flavours :D

Has to be Cadet orange. Used to love that stuff! Jesus, would love a portion of scallops and a Cadet orange now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

almost as nice as a can of SMAK pineappleade in those long skinny cans.

when i was young a can of smak and a packet of captain crisps and you were elected
    or if you were brought to the pub ye got a 1.5 liter of big brother orange and that had to last till ye were brought home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Has to be Cadet orange. Used to love that stuff! Jesus, would love a portion of scallops and a Cadet orange now :rolleyes:

Yeah they have orange,lemon lime,cola,and what looked like red lemonade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

i remember in greasy neds and the person was smoking as they were cooking, not the only place i seen it happen from chipper to greasy spoon cafe. or the sweat dripping down the forhead of the guy in the chippir pools to run down the nose and into your chips.

as regards microwave burgers burger king is supposed to be the home of the flame grilled wopper, the amount a time you hear that distinkd bing sound and your burger is ready. loada b"£$%ks i tell them i want freshly cooked or im not taking it.
    if i want a micre burger ill get them in my shopping

Advertisement