Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cachaca

Options
  • 23-11-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Howdy.

Just wondering do many/any people here drink Cachaca?

I like my booze collection, and my most recent addition, thanks to Mrs, is a bottle of Sagatiba.

Now, due to work and what have you, I haven't had a chance to bust open the bottle, and sample it. Mmmm, Caipirinhas.

I'll report back here when I do.

Has anyone tried it? Verdict?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Caipirinhas are a wonderful way to start off a night!
    If you like mojitos, you'll like Caipirinhas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I loves caipirinhas, I really do.

A little google into Sagatiba turns up that it is quite a good/popular cachaca.

Three came a foil carton with lime and sugar cane premix with it, for making the caipirinhas.

Will get to try some out tomorrow. I'm working late tonight, and early in the morning.

Caipirinhas. (Thats such a deadly word.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I prefer Pitu myself.

Cant beat a Caipi, miles better than Mojitos imo

Update.

Broke open the Sagatiba last night. Used the Funkin Mixer that came with it, its a lime juice and sugar cane premix. Not bad, but I prefer fresh.

Will be making my own with fresh lime and sugar either tonight or tomorrow.

Just wondering, is proper ice cubes better to use, or crushed ice? Most places I've ever ordered one it comes with crushed.

(on a side note, I ended up leaving the ice bags on the counter top over night, and woke up to a big puddle.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I'd go with crushed. With ice cubes, you'll end up with too much cachaca in the glass.

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »
    I'd go with crushed. With ice cubes, you'll end up with too much cachaca in the glass.

:confused:

A measure is a measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

In my experience (in Brazil), bar-staff just prepare the ice, lime and sugar, dump in the glass and fill it to the top with Cachaca.

Gotcha. Sorry, I'm used to measures, whether they be using an actual measure or counting the pour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

5-6 cl is usually spot on.

Also, dont forget to disturb the sugar so its not all at the bottom.

Advertisement