Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Corr on the current crisis! urges peaceful revolt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

has he paid that bill yet the sneaky git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Love the comments:
    It's like watching a retarded kid trying the do the haka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

The man is absolutely bananas. Next he'll be telling us that Brian Cowan is actually some sort of space creature sent down to bring torment on the rest of us and feed off it...
    ...He may have a point on that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm sure he'll be roundly criticised for the video. It's funny, he's saying much the same as what Eric Cantona said recently re banks and yet Cantona was mostly praised for what he said.

Corr may be very much 'out there' but at least he has courage in his convictions and is willing to put his own name on the line to stand by what he believes in.. however wrong he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Tinfoil hats on everyone, the green space lizards are watching and plotting our demise!

Jim is taking his "being the ugly sibling" thing a bit too far . . .

I'm sure he'll be roundly criticised for the video. It's funny, he's saying much the same as what Eric Cantona said recently re banks and yet Cantona was mostly praised for what he said.

Corr may be very much 'out there' but at least he has courage in his convictions and is willing to put his own name on the line to stand by what he believes in.. however wrong he is.

So did Hitler.
    That's godwins.
    GOD WINS!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I remember being asked would I **** Jim Corr to get at the other 3.

I think I said I'd **** him but I wouldn't let him **** me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Jim Corr for Taoiseach!

Fremen wrote: »
    Jim Corr for Taoiseach!

I wonder would he or Biffo score higher in a poll.

He has a point though - we need to stand together and show we're not going to put up with any of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

the corrs were a lesson in the art of civil obedience ffs, what warrants this? why the U-turn. something must have gone badly, badly wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Our lizard overlords are hardly likely to allow us a peaceful revolt though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

To be honest he's not saying anything too extreme in that clip - I'm sure if you anonymised what he's saying you'd find many people would probably agree with him.

Some of his other stuff is a bit insane though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Daddio wrote: »
    To be honest he's not saying anything too extreme in that clip - I'm sure if you anonymised what he's saying you'd find many people would probably agree with him.

He's a perfect target for ad hominem attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a man I'd like to have a pint or two with.
    Particularly if Caroline Corr is there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I don't like Jim Corr ,he has no credibility and he has done himself no favors on TV.But he's describing exactly what Economic hitmen do ,in our case the IMF.The message is the same

Forget all the war stuff ,listen to what the guy used to do for a living

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I know some in After Hours can't resist the chance to trot out the same tired 'jokes'; but why not actually listen to what he's saying?
    Nothing he says in this video is remotely outlandish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

"We are under an economic attack, which could potentially be worse than war"

Ah now, that doesn't sound like something I'd agree with anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ah but Cantona was:

1) A decent footballer
    2) French
    3) A cod philosopher

and most importantly

4) He played for Man Yoo.

So he has to be right!

Doesn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

TheZohan wrote: »
    Love the comments:

I'd be nuts too if I couldn't bang my hot sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Well said Jim. Dont listen to the FF supporters on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

"We are under an economic attack, which could potentially be worse than war"

Ah now, that doesn't sound like something I'd agree with anyway.
    Well if you want to give pretty much any JG Ballard novel a read, you'll be reminded that when a society's economic stability is under serious attack, things can get riotous very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Brian Cowen and Enda Kenny and all the rest believe in feckin zombies and a Jewish Sky Fairy that's going to judge us all like on the xfactor. They also believe that it's better to make everybody debt slaves for generations to come, than to simply go bust and start over like Russia or Argentina.

Clearly Jim Corr, in calling for less apathy and more protest, is totally insane. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Jim Corr... Google Acc Bank and Jim Corr and see what you come up with... He's some man to talk....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ah but Cantona was:

1) A decent Great footballer
    2) French (we'll forgive him for that one)
    3) A cod genius philosopher

and most importantly

4) He played for Man Yoo (the best team on the planet).

So he has is right!

Doesn't he?

An enlightened poster.

(some slight ammendments were made to the original quote)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What a looney. He keeps referring to "our children". I don't have any children, Corr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Quote '' I'm asking that the police and the Irish army side with the crowd ''

The eyes of the world will be on this peaceful revolt on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Be quiet! Do you know what Cantona will do to us if he finds out?! :eek:

kowloon wrote: »
    Be quiet! Do you know what Cantona will do to us if he finds out?! :eek:
    The french have had 6 revolutions already so were due another one anytime .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

TBH Jim needs to edit that video down to about 90secs. He's a hard man to listen to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

we are going to be in debt at least 200 billion we have a bunch of farmers negotiating that for us with expert economistsso excuse me for saying f*ck peaceful protest. when cowen made an anouncement regarding the budget every market analyst in the world thought he was going to retire. hes ruining the country for our children and their children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Fremen wrote: »
    Jim Corr for Taoiseach!
    lol

ascanbe wrote: »
    I know some in After Hours can't resist the chance to trot out the same tired 'jokes'; but why not actually listen to what he's saying?
    Nothing he says in this video is remotely outlandish.
    He believes that lizard aliens are trying to take over the world.

Here's to all the man united fans who are listening to the words of a deluded French man being repeated by a deluded Irish man.

I have a few Man united tops signed by Cantona. €20 a pop. PM me for details.
    No delivery charge. Sizes range from Small to XXXXL bullcrap

I really do have these in my possession. Honestly. More crap. If you believe this, then you must also believe that lizard aliens are here to take over the world. Stop listening to the rantings of attention seeking whores ffs.

Quote this post if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Terry wrote: »

Ah Terry I thought you wouldn't be one to believe gossip.

To clarify occasional disinformation in the main stream media -- I do NOT have an opinion on shape shifting reptilians, lizard people nor aliens, nor have I ever mentioned these subjects publicly.... Jim Corr http://www.jimcorr.com/

l
    I have a few Man united tops signed by Cantona. €20 a pop. PM me for details.
    No delivery charge. Sizes range from Small to XXXXL bullcrap

Quote this post if you are interested.

I also have the 1974 Liverpool v Newcastle FA cup final programme signed by all the team and manager ( Shankly ) ..possibly for sale .PM

well .....why not :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

I dont even... Jim Corr well into economics?!... but he was?! What?! Honestly this shizz just gets weirder each day.

What are his views on artist tax exemptions that he must have taken advantage of over the years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

lol

Nothing short of a blatant lie.

I've been following Jim Corr and what he has to say for about the last year , and I've yet to hear anything from him that would be in the realm of space aliens or shape shifting reptilians.
    So can anyone point me in the direction of some of his so called more 'outlandish' beliefs ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mrjaygibbs

He has a point though - we need to stand together and show we're not going to put up with any of this.

Bit late for that now! The **** made us the laughing stock of the world. This isn't gonna go away overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I have a match programme from that Champions League Final where Spurs beat Inter Milan 6-0.

Genuine article.

No time wasters please.

Yo... I was the 1915th viewer of that vid'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

The only thing crazy about Jim Corr is that he is bothering about the Irish people at all. Most in his financial position would be supping champagne on a yacht somewhere far away from Ireland. Similar to what Bertie is doing right now.

His hearts in the right place, but we all know the Irish won't rebel. They'll concentrate all their energy mocking those that do. Thats always been the Irish way whether we like it or not. Remember, we're not Greece, we're Ireland. We're used to taking it up the rear, first by the catholic church (literally) and now by the fat cat corporates who have bought the country and sent the bill to the citizens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    The only thing crazy about Jim Corr is that he is bothering about the Irish people at all. Most in his financial position would be supping champagne on a yacht somewhere far away from Ireland. Similar to what Bertie is doing right now.

His hearts in the right place, but we all know the Irish won't rebel. They'll concentrate all their energy mocking those that do. Thats always been the Irish way whether we like it or not. Remember, we're not Greece, we're Ireland. We're used to taking it up the rear, first by the catholic church (literally) and now by the fat cat corporates who have bought the country and sent the bill to the citizens.

True, I always found the way he gives a shít quite endearing, he provokes thought and we need people like that to tell us everything mightn't be as rosy as it seems, even just to make us stop and think for a minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

at least someone here has a bit of intelligence in their comment = URL.

what corr is saying here has nothing to do with aliens or whatever the hell you people are talking about in your childish comments' what corr is saying makes a hell of alot of sense if you researched how banking works which obviously some of you here would not have a clue. as far as i'm concerned what corr says here in his statement is more true than you can imagine. wake up fools or you will all be living as a constant slave to the banks for the remainder of your lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

zenno wrote: »
    at least someone here has a bit of intelligence in their comment = URL.

what corr is saying here has nothing to do with aliens or whatever the hell you people are talking about in your childish comments' what corr is saying makes a hell of alot of sense if you researched how banking works which obviously some of you here would not have a clue. as far as i'm concerned what corr says here in his statement is more true than you can imagine. wake up fools or you will all be living as a constant slave to the banks for the remainder of your lives.

Well said. Some of nonsense spoken in this thread is breathtaking , especially in light of this weeks events.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

zenno wrote: »
    wake up fools or you will all be living as a constant slave to the banks for the remainder of your lives.

Do you know what I would do if the banks tried to make a slave of me? I would runaway, I would runaway, yeah, yeah. I would runaway (runaway), I would runaway with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

well then just go back to watching the idiotbox day in and day out' that will teach you nothing of importance or value in life or the concept of how the real world is run. just like "RTE NEWS" cencoring important information from the public. it is the fault of the people engaged in trivial junk on tv that their brain is so full of adverts and lies that they can't see whats really happening out there because of the pollution of crap their brain has been blasted with constantly. it will be your own downfall thats a fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Ya Know Something Lads

this may be one of the Truest Quotes I ever Read regards Ireland

"You Get the Government You DESERVE"

Here is someone Who genuinley Cares about the nation trying his best to show people the Truth, and what do we get
    Mockery and derision and that typically Irish Attitude of Belittleing anything thats outside your Comfort Zone
    You are a Nation of sheeple and Ye're about to get Fleeced

I have been thinking long and hard about Going home in the next few weeks to try and Stop the Country going totally down the drain, but then I read the comments here and think to myself

well if the people living in Ireland couldnt be arsed saving themselves why should we bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have been thinking long and hard about Going home in the next few weeks to try and Stop the Country going totally down the drain, but then I read the comments here and think to myself

well if the people living in Ireland couldnt be arsed saving themselves why should we bother?

What were your plans to save Ireland for interests sake?
    Not asking sarcastically ,just wondering what you feel you could do that you'd leave your now home for.

Don't think we aren't interested in saving ourselves,we very much are! The loudest voices you hear these days are not necessarily representative of the majority. The majority accept there are cuts to made and pain to come and are stoically going about getting on with keeping the country ticking over as best they can right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

A lot of what Jim Corr says is in this movie, well the last hour or so of it.

Zeitgeist (2007)

It is split into three parts I think - religion, Government & Banking System. I don't necessarily believe all or any of this I just think people need to hear both sides of the argument before being able to judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Carlos_Ray wrote: »

Rebellion costs money we don't have in terms of policing as well as loss of productivity which equates to loss of money. It'll also damage our reputation and we'll be further hammered by the markets. Look at Greece...what did rebelling do for them? Digging ourselves deeper into a hole will not get us out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Jim Corr.
    The only famous person that the Scientoligists thought was just too weird to join.