Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb

• 23-11-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

just got it installed today and im not too impressed at all! ordered the 8MB metro and for the since then the speeds have been all over the shop, normally around the 2-3mb mark. is this normal for digiweb? im only a stones throw away from the base station if that helps.

also noticed that all the gear i was given was used elsewhere before it came to my house, the cable modem wasnt even cleaned and is covered in crap, and the antenna on the roof has a good layer of soot on it. not impressed at all, they should of at least gave them a clean.

anyway heres the speed tests, im happy enough with the ping, just not really the download speeds, they go up and down too much

1042410092.png
    1042425994.png

correction i was happy with the ping until this popped up just now
    28737535.png

this ones better, but pings to the uk are woofle
    28737662.png
    28737758.png
    28737896.png

Could something be wrong with my install? bad equipment or something? the installer said i had a full signal, so i doubt its that, is there anyway to check what the signal's like?

if i cant get a decent performing connection it looks like ill be back to eircon, at least they can give me 11-12mb speeds with pings of 30+ to irish servers and 45+ to uk servers no matter what time of the day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

hey

I had Digiweb for 2 yers, its happen depending how many other users working on same sector, pings was really nice and speed also. maybe ring them and tell about.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi dazdrog

If you want to PM me your new account details I will get someone from tech support to look into the service for you and see if there is anything we can do.

Thanks
    Marion

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Hi Marion,

With the Metro Xtra package, can you confirm the monthly download limit please....

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi TontoMurphy

With the 12Mb Metro Xtra package you get a 70Gb download allowance. Let me know if you need help with anything else :)

Marion

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

PM sent to you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

ill pm you the number when i get home. ive also noticed that i cant make outgoing calls, when i dial a number i just get about 15-20 seconds of silence then i hear a beep and it does nothing. incoming falls are fine tho.

errors have already been reported but the promised call back never happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

pm sent today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blackpaddy

Hi I joined Digiweb few months ago, with assurance from your sales man that I have next generation broadband on my line, but I got a message from your technical team that I only have dsl connection on my line and that I am only getting 3mb, with witnesses there i asked him if he was sure and he said YES! It is a backward step from my eircom 6mb broadband... what can you do to help please..:eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement