Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flue layout for oil burner

• 23-11-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My problem is as follows:
    The oil burner (Kerosene) which heats the central heating vents via a 125mm stainless steel flue to a 200m diameter clay liner concrete block chimney.
    A stainless steel 90 deg bend from the rear of the boiler into 1m length of stainless steel before it enters the chimney at an angle (45 deg)( All in the garage)

I've noticed that the exhaust fumes from the burner condenses on the clay liner and water runs back down the liner and is soaking all the block work below where the burner vent joins the chimney. Water is also evident on the floor of the garage which is becoming a problem.

To solve this problem can i vent the burner as follows:
    • From the burner, 90 Deg bend to bring the 125mm stainless steel vertical. Flue to rise 1.8m, then 90 Deg bend to bring the flue horizontal, horizontal flue 1.6m to exit through the wall. In principle an " L " shape from the back of the burner.
    Or is there a different option?

I dont really want to put a stainless steel liner in the chimney if this is being offered as an option as I'm thinking of installing a garage workstove which would use the chimney.

Any help/ideas appricated.

Thanks in advance:)

Advertisement