Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Tolls

Options
  • 23-11-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,

Maybe someone can help me out here! I travel from Mullingar to Dublin.If I leave the M4 motorway via the Enfield exit do I still have to pay the toll charge on the slip road?

Thanks in advance,

Beller81.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaycl

yes you have to pay the full toll charge. However, if you decide to go back onto the motorway at enfield you can pass through the main toll free provided you keep the receipt and within certain time limits, i think 2 hours. this was done to facilitate stopping for lunch etc. But with the new service stations now, i`m not so sure. I usually exit at kinnegad as the jeep i drive (sorrento) calls up a toll charge of 5.20 for some reason. Might have to get it reweighted (use the e-tags)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Beller81

Hi shaycl,

Thanks a million for clarifying that!
    I will take the Kinnegad exit from now on - just me and the lorry drivers he he

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Kinda on the same note.....is there local access to the new motorway services or is the M4 enterance the only way to access it? Can you use the ovepass right beside them to go from east to west?

A few of us were having the crack today about driving to Burger King for a late night feast but would have to pass through the toll twice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

A few of us were having the crack today about driving to Burger King for a late night feast but would have to pass through the toll twice!!

Not a clue about access other than from the motorway but i called in on my way back from dublin last saturday & the whole place was shut, this was at about half 11, just 1 guy at the apple green serving through the hatch. I'm afraid your late night feast would probably have to be more evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

shaycl wrote: »
    yes you have to pay the full toll charge. However, if you decide to go back onto the motorway at enfield you can pass through the main toll free provided you keep the receipt and within certain time limits, i think 2 hours. this was done to facilitate stopping for lunch etc. But with the new service stations now, i`m not so sure. I usually exit at kinnegad as the jeep i drive (sorrento) calls up a toll charge of 5.20 for some reason. Might have to get it reweighted (use the e-tags)
    Is it a van style jeep? Cos I know some people were giving out that when they had a commercial small car, like a fiesta van for instance, they were charged the higher van rate at the toll booth. Basically if your vehicle has panels instead of windows on the back doors then expect to pay higher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement