Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I was just teasing btw guys, hope none of ya are already on your way up north ! :P I'll check on the way home tho... haven't got BF yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If it's posted on the tuesday it should be delivered on the wednesday afternoon/evening, which is the release date.
    They don't guarantee that it's delivered before release, it just happens...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

F1ngers wrote: »
    If it's posted on the tuesday it should be delivered on the wednesday afternoon/evening, which is the release date.
    They don't guarantee that it's delivered before release, it just happens...:D

I know. As I already said though, 90% are delivered the day before and that is the real reason people go for express delivery.

Got another email back saying it should be with me by Tuesday at the latest, but again is not giving any real tangible details. Sounds like fobbing me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Could you post the two emails here? I want to see what fobbing you off looks like. Seems like you're easily fobbed off.

Could you post the two emails here? I want to see what fobbing you off looks like. Seems like you're easily fobbed off.

I'm not.

What you basing that on?

They were being completely vague and not answering anything specific.
    Not being able to answer something is ok to, as long as you just say that rather then going around in circles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not on sale anywhere in Limerick :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Unless some store breaks the release date in this country, looks like we'll be waiting for the official release date folks.

The guy in Gamestop seemed quite puzzled when I mentioned what was happening in France and Germany. I may have told him off for not having played UC1 or 2 as well :D

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Our Sony distributors haven't even got the stock yet believe it or not. Most stores won't actually receive deliveries until Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

HMV not selling it early, will be selling it for 45 with a free uncharted novel.

Dammit, bought the novel on amazon!! lol Does anyone know if there is any offline mutiplayer, like split screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

game is really good, controls are a tiny bit fiddley and same with going in and out of cover. 10 chapters in and really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Our Sony distributors haven't even got the stock yet believe it or not. Most stores won't actually receive deliveries until Tuesday morning.

thats mental

they had final retail code out to reviewers ages ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gamestop don't control the post.

Only a guess but i think the Sony disk printing factory in London got burnt down might have meant a delay in getting all the disks printed they will need a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

Got it in at work today.Its sitting out in the store room taunting me all night. I have to go and face it again tomorrow:mad::D As far as we know its not going on sale until wednesday.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Got it in at work today.Its sitting out in the store room taunting me all night. I have to go and face it again tomorrow:mad::D As far as we know its not going on sale until wednesday.

If you need someone to guard the store room, just gives us a buzz. Sound :pac:

Yes i am aware gamestop dont control the post, i didnt ask them to! They do control when they post it though. The level of the replies is amazing. Anyway got an email 50 mins ago from gs saying it has been dispatched. Grumpypants where did you get the game and how u get it so early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mystic86 wrote: »
    Grumpypants where did you get the game and how u get it so early?

He works for bone-idle.ie Guessing he got a review copy. The basterd! :mad::p

Yes i am aware gamestop dont control the post, i didnt ask them to! They do control when they post it though. The level of the replies is amazing. Anyway got an email 50 mins ago from gs saying it has been dispatched. Grumpypants where did you get the game and how u get it so early?

Off Sony.

Game is great but im getting a little worried about the series, jumping off a breaking pole/platform or rock edge just at the last minute and grabbing something else is good but there are only so many times you can do that and have it retain its effect.

Its is starting to become a little predictable. Climb, puzzle, cut scene, shoot, cut scene. repeat.

Its still brilliant but fingers crossed they rethink the series a bit for U4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Off Sony.

Game is great but im getting a little worried about the series, jumping off a breaking pole/platform or rock edge just at the last minute and grabbing something else is good but there are only so many times you can do that and have it retain its effect.

Its is starting to become a little predictable. Climb, puzzle, cut scene, shoot, cut scene. repeat.

Its still brilliant but fingers crossed they rethink the series a bit for U4.

I don't think Naughty dog will go another game without doing some major changes. They might get one more UC game out before PS4.. but i wouldn't expect uncharted to make it till the next gen consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

naughty dog tend to change IP when there's a new system, i think we'll see one last uncharted from them as the PS3's swansong, and then they'll pass the franchise over to someone else to focus on a new project for the PS4

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Anyone know how long this game is roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

10-12 hours apparently, same as the other 2.

anyone order from gamestop with express delivery before?
    is there a way to track you parcel? I can't see an option to do it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Justin Richmond (the game's director) said Uncharted 3 pushed the ps3 to its graphical limits so maybe Uncharted 4 will be the PS4's launch title like Uncharted was for the Ps3

so uncharted 3 was on 94% average after 50 reviews on metacritic.

Now, its on 93% after 51 reviews... that extra 1 review that brought it down?

check it out for yourself, unbelievable sh!te!

http://origin.avclub.com/articles/uncharted-3-drakes-deception,64220/

50% assigned for that review on metacritic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

So? They're entitled to their opinion. How can you call their opinion sh1te if you haven't played it yourself to judge?

And their review made it drop by 1%? Who the hell cares? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

so uncharted 3 was on 94% average after 50 reviews on metacritic.

Now, its on 93% after 51 reviews... that extra 1 review that brought it down?

check it out for yourself, unbelievable sh!te!

http://origin.avclub.com/articles/uncharted-3-drakes-deception,64220/

50% assigned for that review on metacritic
    Daemos wrote: »
    So? They're entitled to their opinion. How can you call their opinion sh1te if you haven't played it yourself to judge?

Too true. Yes his review comes across as nitpicking at perceived flaws he sees with the game, such as the controls coming across as archaic, but if thats the worst he can come up with then its still a stellar game.

I'd rather find a review that can come up with criticisms rather than those that go down the hyperbole route proclaiming the game to be the 'best of all time' as the previous can make a developer look for improvements while the latter may allow them to rest on their laurels and stick with the same ol' same ol' without seeking improvements.

50% man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Oh please, ignore the rest of my post. Question my mathematics instead :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, 94 minus 93 wasn't 50

• Advertisement

Oh please, ignore the rest of my post. Question my mathematics instead :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, 94 minus 93 wasn't 50

duh

anyway, that reviewer is just a traffic seeking joke

Advertisement