Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

So I was told in Game on Friday anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just about finished the 2nd again, just in time for Wedensday. It's still one of the best games i've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

don't suppose there is a midnight release for uncharted 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I ordered from littlewoods haha. Didn't have the money on me to pay straight out. Better have it the day its out or ill probably actually cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No midnight launch in gamestop swords :( I got the last pre order from HMV anyway, free copy of the uncharted novel with purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

cloud493 wrote: »
    No midnight launch in gamestop swords :( I got the last pre order from HMV anyway, free copy of the uncharted novel with purchase.

The last pre-order? As in they're was a **** load of pre-orders or they closed pre-orders as it's out in 2 days?

As in, loads of preorders. The girl showed me the screen, lot of people pre ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

You got your name on a computer screen? I got my name written on a piece of paper with a promise that a copy would be kept aside for me. God bless Kilkenny :rolleyes:

No I got a printed paper receipt as well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I didn't - we're lo-tech down here :D

• Advertisement

Long as its on paper that I've got a copy, I'm not arsed :D

Next headline 'explorers who found sir Francis's coffin attacked by pirates for unknown reasons'

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

thats awesome, great timing! Man I'm pissed, I just called Smyths, HMV and Xtra Vision enquring about a midnight release of U3, and none of them are doing it. They say it's not a big enough title to open at midnight for, quoting me (HMV in Galway, they only had 50 pre-orders for it) MW3, FIFA and Gears 3 would easily get 50+ pre-orders to justify a late opening. Okay, MW3 and FIFA, but **** Gears 3 is 360 exclusive, just as Uncharted series is on PS3 so not sure how Gears could be big enough for a late opening and not the mighty Uncharted series. Only place left to contact is Gamestop and ask them, but as cloud493 stated, his local one is not doing it, so it's unlikely other branches will. Oh well =(

thats awesome, great timing! Man I'm pissed, I just called Smyths, HMV and Xtra Vision enquring about a midnight release of U3, and none of them are doing it. They say it's not a big enough title to open at midnight for, quoting me (HMV in Galway, they only had 50 pre-orders for it) MW3, FIFA and Gears 3 would easily get 50+ pre-orders to justify a late opening. Okay, MW3 and FIFA, but **** Gears 3 is 360 exclusive, just as Uncharted series is on PS3 so not sure how Gears could be big enough for a late opening and not the mighty Uncharted series. Only place left to contact is Gamestop and ask them, but as cloud493 stated, his local one is not doing it, so it's unlikely other branches will. Oh well =(

Ah well, if not midnight then its only a few extra hours to wait till the morning. Getting really jealous looking at all the tweets from Americans playing the game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I just rang HMV to order a copy for tomorrow and the guy said its actually on sale now. Check with your local HMV

Oh my god. I only live 10 minutes from HMV as well. But I have to wait in for my mum cos she forgot her keyes :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Any good trade in deals for this? Have Dark Souls that I want rid of!

Dark souls 'll be worth 37 in HMV

Hmm, wonder if HMV dundrum is, if it is i'll try finish this damn report as quickly as possible and pick it up on my way home....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Any good trade in deals for this? Have Dark Souls that I want rid of!

What? One of the rare games I couldn't see myself trading in, just like demon souls

Can anyone confirm if they are selling it in HMV cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Re: Midnight openings.

Just try your nearest 24hr Tesco, no?

Heading into town shortly. If it is on sale in HMV already, I'll be a happy bunny.

tok9 wrote: »
    What? One of the rare games I couldn't see myself trading in, just like demon souls

Can anyone confirm if they are selling it in HMV cork?
    I enjoyed it but got really frustrated with it. I got so frustrated that I couldn't face heading back down tot he bottom of Blighttown to get my 20,000 souls which I left down there when I died, let alone think about finishing the game. Might have to take them up on the €37.

milltown wrote: »
    Re: Midnight openings.

Just try your nearest 24hr Tesco, no?

Heading into town shortly. If it is on sale in HMV already, I'll be a happy bunny.
    Some people have reported on here that Tesco wont sell it until the following morning. Most of that stuff is merchandised by an outside person and the staff have really nothing to do with putting it out on sale. Might be worth a shot if you're gonna be out and about or up at that hour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I enjoyed it but got really frustrated with it. I got so frustrated that I couldn't face heading back down tot he bottom of Blighttown to get my 20,000 souls which I left down there when I died, let alone think about finishing the game. Might have to take them up on the €37.

It's totally worth seeing it through! You'll only hate yourself after trading it in :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone confirm if its on sale in HMV in Swords?

If anyone is in any HMV, just ask them if every HMV is selling it or just specific stores. Please and thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've been told there not selling it in the Cork store anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Fieldog wrote: »

I'm going down in a half hour or so I'll update the thread when I get back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Elessar wrote: »
    Fieldog wrote: »

I'm going down in a half hour or so I'll update the thread when I get back!

Excellent, save me a trip from Balrothery...;)

Damn, Deus Ex just arrived in the door, can I hold off another week for Drake? Nah!

Advertisement