Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fook me this is pretty, the opening level with
    the young Drake looks stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was going to pick this up today but not play it until I've finished Arkham City... Mmmm. Change of plan methinks judging by the latest comments. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was going to pick this up today but not play it until I've finished Arkham City... Mmmm. Change of plan methinks judging by the latest comments. :D

It's brilliant, and I'm not even that far into it, 3 hours maybe. Do it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

krudler wrote: »
    fook me this is pretty, the opening level with
    the young Drake looks stunning

Be careful making statements like that on the internet :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

this game is so stunning amazing i can't put it into words properly! and I'm only about 3 hours into it! Un - Freaking - Real! No game can touch this!

just.....wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

94%... please don't end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

This has brought back the feeling of wow I got from U2! Started playing it at about 11:30 and havet put it down yet.. Im stuck on a part now though for the last 40 minutes and I can't figure out if Im blind or just slow..probably both :pac:

Im on chapter 8 or 9 @
    the part where you use the binoculars a 2nd time and cant for the life of me find the symbol/emblem on the castle.. Can someone tell me where to look?

Eoin087 wrote: »
    the part where you use the binoculars a 2nd time and cant for the life of me find the symbol/emblem on the castle.. Can someone tell me where to look?

Thats a stupid part - its the building just directly up from the first emblam with two arches and a pillar in between

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Taking a break now, have just solved the
    twist the knights
    puzzle. Hasn't completely grabbed me yet, but I have no doubt that it will. The
    young Drake
    level annoyed me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played up to level 5, pretty fantastic so far.

I was disappointed when it did open on the scale of the train in Uncharted 2, but as soon as that
    bar brawl
    kicked off I knew there was no reason to doubt Naughty Dog :)

It's the little details that make it stand out: the animation, or a small gesture that add to the immersion. No other game has got it nearly so right.

That said, when you fail it's often very obvious that you're just running through a predetermined script. But who cares when the script is so awesome :P

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    Thats a stupid part - its the building just directly up from the first emblam with two arches and a pillar in between
    lol ya I'd say I'm going blind alright, still can't find it :confused:
    when you say its directly up from the first emblem are ya talking about the thing you have to stand on to be able to use the binoculars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

right i was going to wait til tomorrow to pick up .
    Now i wanna get it right now

where can i get it now?

Eoin087 wrote: »
    lol ya I'd say I'm going blind alright, still can't find it :confused:
    when you say its directly up from the first emblem are ya talking about the thing you have to stand on to be able to use the binoculars?
    no directly up from the emblem you found with the binoculars

JUST FINISHED THE GAME!!!!

took me 12 hours 30 minutes.

man oh man oh man.

I love you Naughty Dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just picked mine up in dundrum. Went to HMV to trade in Dark Souls and was told that I need the bloody art book that came with it. Think they were offering €37 for it but they wouldn't take my copy. Went up to game and it was €55 up there. :eek: I went in and asked how much they'd give me for uncharted. They said they were offering a trade in value of €49.99 :eek: and they also had an offer where you can get Uncharted 3 for 99c with my trade in. I think the guy thought I was throwing my copy of Dark souls at him, it left my hand so fast. Crazy. Didn't think I would get €50 for it and then only have to cough up 99c for Uncharted3. :D:D:D That's my night sorted.

I asked how many of the special editions they had. He said that they had none today but they might have some tomorrow when people realise it's €65 for them. He even recommended to me to come back down tomorrow and see if there was some. I would be able to trade in my copy of Uncharted 3 for €50 too.

mystic86 wrote:
    no directly up from the emblem you found with the binoculars
    ffs I was looking at the castle walls for over an hour yep I'm blind and slow rofl :pac:
    Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stainlesssteel

According to my save file, I'm 63% through with 4.5 hours played...Am I doing something wrong? At this rate it seems like I'll be done well under the 10-12 hour duration a few of the reviews suggested.
    I'm really enjoying the game, just want to pace myself!

According to my save file, I'm 63% through with 4.5 hours played...Am I doing something wrong? At this rate it seems like I'll be done well under the 10-12 hour duration a few of the reviews suggested.
    I'm really enjoying the game, just want to pace myself!

wtf?

the time recorded on that save file tends to underestimate the time, but not too much!

jesus your flying thru it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Don't know if it was posted before, but here's an interview with the two leads. It's funny seeing them in real life and how similar they are to the characters.

http://us.gamespot.com/ps3/action/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/video/6343616/drake-and-elena--uncharted-3-drakes-deception-trailer?hd=0

Sorry I can't embed it, and it starts with a Skyrim ad, so just wait for that to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stainlesssteel

mystic86 wrote: »
    wtf?

the time recorded on that save file tends to underestimate the time, but not too much!

jesus your flying thru it
    I know, weird right?
    I played through U1&2 in around 10 hours each, which is why this one had me wondering what was going on.
    I should probably add that I'm playing through on the default difficulty - was that the same for you on your 12.5 save file?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

5 hours in just finished chapter 9. Taking a break for the united game. I'm enjoying it but the controls annoy the fcuk out of me sometimes. And some of the puzzles are just irritating. But I'm enjoying where it's going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Maybe I'm just a bit rusty, but I'm finding the controls very difficult as well. There is something definitely wrong with the aiming in single player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just picked mine up in dundrum. Went to HMV to trade in Dark Souls and was told that I need the bloody art book that came with it. Think they were offering €37 for it but they wouldn't take my copy. Went up to game and it was €55 up there. :eek: I went in and asked how much they'd give me for uncharted. They said they were offering a trade in value of €49.99 :eek: and they also had an offer where you can get Uncharted 3 for 99c with my trade in. I think the guy thought I was throwing my copy of Dark souls at him, it left my hand so fast. Crazy. Didn't think I would get €50 for it and then only have to cough up 99c for Uncharted3. :D:D:D That's my night sorted.

I asked how many of the special editions they had. He said that they had none today but they might have some tomorrow when people realise it's €65 for them. He even recommended to me to come back down tomorrow and see if there was some. I would be able to trade in my copy of Uncharted 3 for €50 too.
    Does anyone know what other games you can trade in to get it for 99 cent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I went to buy my copy today in Waterford. I tried 2 different Tesco's and they did not have any on the shelf. The guy checked the system and it was on it priced at €44.95. He said they didn't come in today. WTF :eek:.
    I'm gonna wait till tomorrow and see if they have them. They have it in Gamestop for €54.99 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ShaneU wrote: »
    Does anyone know what other games you can trade in to get it for 99 cent?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=288902747795319&set=pt.144166562268939&type=1&theater

Batman
    Battlefield
    Fifa 12
    Ace Combat

Dark Souls was never on the list though so the person working may have made a mistake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=288902747795319&set=pt.144166562268939&type=1&theater

Batman
    Battlefield
    Fifa 12
    Ace Combat

Dark Souls was never on the list though so the person working may have made a mistake...
    Yeah, I saw the same list as you have there. On the notice as you come in. He said that Dark Souls wasn't advertised as being one of them but it works. Cant argue with Uncharted 3 for 99c. :D
    Ace Combat is a bit of an odd one.

After playing it for a couple of hours there. In the
    London Underground, fighting my way out of it.
    Something does indeed feel off with the aiming. Cant quit put my finger on it. Some of the jumping animation doesn't really blend too well, something Uncharted has become synonymous with, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How much for it in xtravision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Batman
    Battlefield
    Fifa 12
    Ace Combat

Just finished batman so I'll trade that in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Maybe I'm just a bit rusty, but I'm finding the controls very difficult as well. There is something definitely wrong with the aiming in single player.

Aiming seem a little loose (headshots are tricky), and there are times Drake controls like a drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

How much for it in xtravision?

Xtravision - €54.99
    Smyths - €49.99
    Gamestop - ??
    Tesco - €44.99
    HMV - €44.99

Advertisement