Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

qz wrote: »
    Does it involve walking across a floor? (That shouldn't be a spoiler to anyone).

If it does:
    I was stuck on that for ages, I kept doing it in the order of top to bottom as it appeared in the notebook, but you have to do it starting from the bottom as it appears in the notebook. It's counter-intuitive but sooo satisfying when the penny drops.
    Does the arrow at the bottom of the page not give it away? Anyway, what caught me was the number of tiles, but I eventually figured it out. You need to step on the 4 U shaped tiles, 3 ) shaped or whatever. I was originally trying to go U, O etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

No guys it's not that one, that one also took awhile but I got it myself eventually :D
    it's the one with the staff and the mural took ages but I got it in the end
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    it's the one with the staff and the mural took ages but I got it in the end
    :)
    That one drove me mental. It took me 15 minutes to realise
    you could move those tiles into the centre of the mural and not just around the edges
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Traded in Battlefield 3 for this and got charged 6euro :eek: I should have only got charged 99c.. When MW3 comes out I will be looking for that extra 5er off them.. Wouldn't mind I told the girl working in GAME that it's 99c and she said yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its lovely <3 loving the first 3 chapters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Traded in Battlefield 3 for this and got charged 6euro :eek: I should have only got charged 99c.. When MW3 comes out I will be looking for that extra 5er off them.. Wouldn't mind I told the girl working in GAME that it's 99c and she said yes...

You told them that it's 99c. They agreed. They then charged you €6 and you paid?

On the game, I'm underwhelmed. I'm nearing the end now, and I think the set-pieces, story etc were for the most part better in Uncharted 2 than this. It's great fun, and a cut above lots of other games out there, but it didn't have the same effect on me as the second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

You told them that it's 99c. They agreed. They then charged you €6 and you paid?

On the game, I'm underwhelmed. I'm nearing the end now, and I think the set-pieces, story etc were for the most part better in Uncharted 2 than this. It's great fun, and a cut above lots of other games out there, but it didn't have the same effect on me as the second

Yeah Battlefield only scanned in as 50euro and game cost 55.. I will get it sorted on Monday though... The other lad that works there is sound and will probably get my 5er back which will go towards MW3

• Registered Users Posts: 25 airurando

Can anyone clarify what the Gamestop pre-order bonus was? I don't want to redeem mine if it turns out it was included in one of the vouchers from the Explorer Edition.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just finished the campaign there. Buzzing. One or two minor aiming issues aside as mentioned by others here, it's absolutely flawless. UC2 provided faith in gaming today when it came to single player when I FINALLY (kept putting it off like a fool) picked it up last June, UC3 took it that one step further.

Don't want to give anything way, so I won't expand for now except I'm already looking forward to Uncharted 4, whether that be on this gen consoles or next gen :)

Going to start multiplayer tomorrow :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

better than 2 lads or more of the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

donfers wrote: »
    better than 2 lads or more of the same?

More of the same. If you played UC2 you wont really be wow'd by 3. 2 had the better set-peices with the Tank and the Train levels which blew me away at the time and more interesting enviroments, in my humble opinion ofcourse. That being said its a fantastic game. If you are an action adventure/shooter fan picking this game up is a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just finished the campaign there. Buzzing. One or two minor aiming issues aside as mentioned by others here, it's absolutely flawless. UC2 provided faith in gaming today when it came to single player when I FINALLY (kept putting it off like a fool) picked it up last June, UC3 took it that one step further.

Don't want to give anything way, so I won't expand for now except I'm already looking forward to Uncharted 4, whether that be on this gen consoles or next gen :)

Going to start multiplayer tomorrow :D

am on chapter 14 now
    rough seas or something, trying to get to Ramses cruise ship
    and I did find the level before
    in the ship yard
    went on a tad too long, just wanted to get through it tbh, a few of the firefights can be frustrating when you're surrounded but its cool the way the enemies do flank you, they dont just sit in one spot blindfiring. I really wish they didnt have olympic shotputter accuracy when throwing grenades though :pac: all of them can make a grenade land at your feet no matter where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Can anybody confirm they bought it in Tesco. I have tried three Tesco stores in Waterford and none of them have it. In two stores they did not know anything about it the other store said they will have it tomorrow :(

anyone how many chapters are in it? think UC2 had 23

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

krudler wrote: »
    anyone how many chapters are in it? think UC2 had 23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Liamario wrote: »

ah ok so that's what everyone is talking about is it?

I did notice some people, Johnny Ultimate and others saying they found headshots hard with aiming so that sounds like a different problem - as a matter of interest did ye all earn the silver trophy for 100 headshots during first playthrough? I got it near the end of the game.

qz wrote: »
    I am, maybe that explains it. I haven't timed myself otherwise.

i just checked my time in the save/load file and it says 10 hours 30 minutes, I timed myself very precisely and it took me 12 hours 30 mins... so ya it underestimates.. still my time is 1 hour 17 mins longer than urs and 32 mins longer than Clover's time

just finished chapter 14
    the cruise ship
    sweet freaking jesus that was brilliant. I actually said "fcuk!" to myself when
    the camera panned out to a massive long shot of the outside of the ship as you're running along it once it capsized.
    I wasnt crazy about a couple of levels
    the citadel, was a bit boring tbh and I got killed a bunch of times in the shipyard level but thats not the games fault
    those guys wearing welding masks with shotguns can fook off and die, hate them.

that controller thing is mental, wonder why they designed it with such lag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yeah Battlefield only scanned in as 50euro and game cost 55.. I will get it sorted on Monday though... The other lad that works there is sound and will probably get my 5er back which will go towards MW3

I just traded GOW3 in Game and it also scanned at 49.99 against U3 and one guy said I'd have to pay 5.99 instead of 99c because the game is 54.99. then another guy also behind the counter said, no that if he imput a code then I'd get the other 5euro off, so he did and I got it for 99c :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Liamario wrote: »

I tested this right after viewing it and there isnt any input lag whatsoever. Obviously something on his end, PS3, monitor, pad.

Just cleared it there now. Got the 100 headshots trophy. The aiming is fine. Takes abit of getting used to but its fine...UC2 was a better game overall and felt longer... Gonna dive right into the multiplayer, hope its been adjusted since the Subway Beta.

Time Spent Playing: 9hrs 16min
    Time Spent Standing Still: 1hr 27mins (lol musta been when i fell asleep)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Started playing this an hour ago, haven't stopped smiling since :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just started this today too, up to Chapter 8 I think, best game I've played since... well, Uncharted 2. Absolutely love it.

I've had absolutely no problems with the aiming like others in this thread have, I honestly think I must be missing something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Aldebaran wrote: »
    <snip>
    I've had absolutely no problems with the aiming like others in this thread have, I honestly think I must be missing something!

Or not missing as appears to be the case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

moz wrote: »
    Or not missing as appears to be the case ;)

Wahey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The aiming sucks ass. Seriously. My accuracy is 22% and the shipyard level had me tearing my hair out trying to hit enemies. As a result the game is more frustrating than entertaining. There's definitely a problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

No issues with aiming here. It's a little bit different to the aiming in Uncharted 2, but nothing an hour or so of gameplay can't fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I see at the ps store they have the mp skins from uncharted 2

Can anyone tell me if you bought them on u2 do they work on u3 cause if they dont thats bout the scummiest ( not a word :pac:) thing that i would expect from ea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Is it just me or is it really hard to get through an area using stealth. Seems you cant proform a stealth kill from corners anymore which make it impossible and most of the time when you take down an enemy all the others get alerted.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Same here I end up getting spotted all the time and I have to shoot my way through the area. It's really hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ok I have shielded my eyes to the last few pages - I just want to know if Tesco have this in stock? Going to call to 24 hour on way home from work.

Advertisement