Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Why does drake manouvre like a drunk, sniff of a barmans fart or what
    Keep us Irish fans happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

sink wrote: »
    It's noting to do with COD, I never had this problem with UC1&2. When aiming if the controls aren't responsive enough it's like trying to react to everything with a half-second delay. It may not sound like much but trying to get a head shot on a moving target is made extremely difficult even for advanced players. This is the only game i've experienced it with and I've played everything from Resitance 1&2, Killzone 2&3, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Gears of War 1,2&3, Battlefield BC1&2, COD MW1&2, BLOPS, Mass Effect, 1&2, GTA IV, Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2, GRAW 1&2 and that's only counting the shooters on this generation of console.

Did you play with the sensitivity at max??

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Can anybody confirm they bought it in Tesco. I have tried three Tesco stores in Waterford and none of them have it. In two stores they did not know anything about it the other store said they will have it tomorrow :(
    Stuff tesco if there behaving like that
    Get it in Smyths toys for €49 or if your going to Cork it's €44 in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 22 huggy

what the hell is with everyone going crazy over this and acting like it's the end of the world.....i for one had little to no problems with aiming in this while playing on hard......get a grip people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

huggy wrote: »
    what the hell is with everyone going crazy over this and acting like it's the end of the world.....i for one had little to no problems with aiming in this while playing on hard......get a grip people
    Nobody is acting like it's the end of the world. It's just a bit disappointing to find the system worse than it was in the previous game. Some people don't have a problem with it, but some people do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 huggy

humanji wrote: »
    Nobody is acting like it's the end of the world. It's just a bit disappointing to find the system worse than it was in the previous game. Some people don't have a problem with it, but some people do.

well someone here said they broke their controller off a wall because of it

Only got it this morning in the post. Not that far into it. The way he moves is strange but its not annoying. Didn't even use a gun yet but I can't see it being controller breaking annoying lol. Some deadly graphics in it. Good to see the bit of humour still in it. 12 cans and a box of fags tonight and ill be in my element. Phone on silent also. Im so happy I could piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't say I'm noticing these control issues.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I find the way he moves absolutely incredible. The fact that he brushes/touches off objects as he moves by them is awesome. ND really do go into minute detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I find the way he moves absolutely incredible. The fact that he brushes/touches off objects as he moves by them is awesome. ND really do go into minute detail.

this, its brilliantly done, he moves with real weight to his actions not gliding over a surface. leave him alone and he'll stretch and holster his gun and other subtle stuff, fantastic motion capture. wait till you see (chapter 17 onwards spoiler)
    how he walks on the sand dunes later on its brilliant

• Advertisement

I noticed him brushing off a wall when I ran into it and thought it was fecking deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Even when in a standstill position and you go to walk in the opposite direction he kinda walks backwards a bit and then skips for a step when he changes direction. Nice touches. Some of the walking does seem a little jerky at times. It''s as if he's walking on a
    boat
    the whole time, bobbing and weaving around the corridors.

Maybe I'm not hindered by this aiming thing. I'm after getting my 100 headshots trophy on chapter 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Did anyone get it from tesco yet. I tried 2 stores again today in Waterford and none have it in stock. I will have to bite the bullet and pay the extra in the other stores :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Turned the sensitivity up a notch and it helps alright. Up to Chapter 13. Was getting headshots all over the shop during the hang/shoot sections in the
    ship graveyard
    . I hate 3D, but actually I could see that sequence particularly benefiting from it. Vertigo ahoy!

Otherwise rather enjoying it. Glad they've finally got away from the '
    hidden underground tomb / puzzle / whatever
    ' phase it went through for a while - the
    Syria
    level particularly felt repetitive. That said, some of the effects really are stunning - fire and water particularly. The setpieces are as terrific as ever.

Few annoyances so far. The
    smoke bomb
    fight was irritating as hell: bullet sponge shotgun guys are a pain (on hard anyway). Few weird glitches too - luminous boxes and one brawl where I managed to punch the character underneath the level where he stayed :pac:

Edit: Truly digging the story too. The AV Club review saying you don't get to know more about Drake is way off. He's become a fully formed character here, and the interaction between him and the other truly likeable characters is terrific. Genuinely intense exchange between
    Elena and Drake / Sully down in the Yemen tomb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think chapters 2 and 3 tell you plenty about Nate, and Sully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'd really like an option to retry stealth sections, it checkpoints you when you're spotted

Finished it in 8 hours 21 mins, according to the stats. Fantastic game. Great finish to it all although it did seem maybe
    too familiar to Uncharted 2 what with the hidden city collapsing in on itself
    . But thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, needs more Sully. He's not in it enough. Well at least he's in it more than Uncharted 2.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    I'd really like an option to retry stealth sections, it checkpoints you when you're spotted
    Yeah, I found it frustrating too that you couldn't reload and try it again. But in the end, it doesn't really change how it all plays out. It got to the point where I gave up on reloading and once I got spotted just went hell for leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

ShaneU wrote: »

It's not Nate's way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Jaybus the shooting mechanics.. Enemy ai its all coming back now and how the setting is paramount and how only the Tibetan trip could have possibly masked these inadequacies... too early. hoping more interesting avenues open up. Like the highway lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'm starting the chapter 'London Underground ' but it is just hanging with the screen with the ring in bottom right corner keeps spinning but won't load.
    I have restarted and took disc out numerous times but no joy.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bought the game today and just reached the london underground. Not as polished as I'd expected. There is a small bit of lag. The aiming isnt quite right and moving the drake around should be better, shouldnt it? It reminds of Driver 3 the way he moves about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 G_Mbabway

This is my first time on here and all I really want to say is that I am shocked at all of the negative comments. I have finished the game and did not experience anything like the problems that have been mentioned. The only negative thing about the game in my opinion is that we will all have to wait at least 2 years for more Uncharted. (bar online of course)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Looks like a patch is on the way. Motion blur is getting fixed as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

After finishing it yesterday, can't help but feel disappointed by the whole thing. A lot of that is down to the shooting mechanics being broken as discussed at length through this thread. A 3rd person shooter with fundamentally flawed shooting isn't much of a third person shooter. My accuracy when i finished the game was 22%. This says to me that either a) I'm a bad gamer or b) something's wrong. As a seasoned gamer I can rule A out. which leaves us with B.

The swarming enemies was another cause of constant frustration. Two segments in particular stand out
    the ship graveyard and the ballroom on the ferry. If i had hair left I would have torn it out. It was just an unfair challenge. One shot kill snipers hitting you when you're punching someone. And the only reason you're engaging in punching in the first place is because of the broken shooting. :mad::mad:

The set pieces themselves left me a bit flat. Yes they take place in some epic looking locations
    (the sinking ship in particular)
    but they just didn't resonate with me. I think playing the game I was very aware how "on rails" it all is. Which I suppose the other two games were as well, I just didn't notice it as much.

So I'm disappointed with it. I enjoyed it in parts, don't get me wrong, but I expected a lot more.

I think Uncharted 2 was the better game.

Time to trade it in while I'll still get good value for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Turned the sensitivity up a notch and it helps alright. Up to Chapter 13. Was getting headshots all over the shop during the hang/shoot sections in the
    ship graveyard
    . I hate 3D, but actually I could see that sequence particularly benefiting from it. Vertigo ahoy!

Otherwise rather enjoying it. Glad they've finally got away from the '
    hidden underground tomb / puzzle / whatever
    ' phase it went through for a while - the
    Syria
    level particularly felt repetitive. That said, some of the effects really are stunning - fire and water particularly. The setpieces are as terrific as ever.

Few annoyances so far. The
    smoke bomb
    fight was irritating as hell: bullet sponge shotgun guys are a pain (on hard anyway). Few weird glitches too - luminous boxes and one brawl where I managed to punch the character underneath the level where he stayed :pac:

Edit: Truly digging the story too. The AV Club review saying you don't get to know more about Drake is way off. He's become a fully formed character here, and the interaction between him and the other truly likeable characters is terrific. Genuinely intense exchange between
    Elena and Drake / Sully down in the Yemen tomb!

playing on hard difficulty? fair play

I can confirm that section did look great in 3D :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Roar wrote: »
    After finishing it yesterday, can't help but feel disappointed by the whole thing. A lot of that is down to the shooting mechanics being broken as discussed at length through this thread. A 3rd person shooter with fundamentally flawed shooting isn't much of a third person shooter. My accuracy when i finished the game was 22%. This says to me that either a) I'm a bad gamer or b) something's wrong. As a seasoned gamer I can rule A out. which leaves us with B.

The swarming enemies was another cause of constant frustration. Two segments in particular stand out
    the ship graveyard and the ballroom on the ferry. If i had hair left I would have torn it out. It was just an unfair challenge. One shot kill snipers hitting you when you're punching someone. And the only reason you're engaging in punching in the first place is because of the broken shooting. :mad::mad:

The set pieces themselves left me a bit flat. Yes they take place in some epic looking locations
    (the sinking ship in particular)
    but they just didn't resonate with me. I think playing the game I was very aware how "on rails" it all is. Which I suppose the other two games were as well, I just didn't notice it as much.

So I'm disappointed with it. I enjoyed it in parts, don't get me wrong, but I expected a lot more.

I think Uncharted 2 was the better game.

Time to trade it in while I'll still get good value for it

those are the parts that drove me nuts too, I wound up turning the difficulty down to easy from chapter 20 onwards as I just couldnt face being killed multiple times by a sniper while some shotgun guy is blasting at me again. I didnt want frustration to ruin the game for me. about the ending

ending spoilers ahead!
    the final level was gorgeous looking, glad there was no superpowered boss fight, or much of a boss fight at all, it didnt need one anyway, i was more concerned with how the story would pan out at that point anyway. The running from a crumbling city was done already in the previous game but it looked fantastic so I had no issue with it. The final cutscene between Drake and Sully was brilliant, fantastic voice acting all round in this game.

Its such a pity theres no option to rewatch the cutscenes like there is in UC2, they were one of the best parts of the game I'd sit and watch the entire game that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

mystic86 wrote: »

I can't honestly disagree with any of that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Finished this last night and, while it wasn't quite up to the standard of Uncharted 2, I still absolutely loved it, definitely the best game I've played all year. Luckily enough, I didn't encounter any of the aiming problems that have seemed to ruin the game for so many others.

So many great moments
    The burning chateau, the plane, the cruise ship
    . I think my favourite moment though was one that came out of nowhere
    I was pinned down on the settlement level and fairly close to dying when I found a rocket launcher, picked it up, randomly fired it at a load of enemies and managed to totally miss them all, but the rocket hit the gate behind them and the whole thing came crashing down along with the jeep parked on the hill behind the gate, crushing every single enemy. I felt pretty badass after that!

Advertisement