Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Braga V The Arsenal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

L'prof wrote: »
    Seriously? We beat them 6-0 at home, that team was strong enough to win tonight!

We still should have played our strongest team though, a win tonight would have guaranteed us qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

2-0 cracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fabianski shouldn't be near a football pitch, whoever let the Braga player go for the goal shouldn't be paid for a few weeks etc. etc. Awful performance all night and just an awful last 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Starting a weakened team in a game where you need a result is retarded. The fault if we exit Europe at this stage has to fall at the feet of Wenger. He should show them the tape on the plane home and it might show them how to defend a lead.

2-0. A Disgrace.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaatttttthhhhheeettttttiiiiiiiiccccccccc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

What a finish, tekkers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

Seriously? We beat them 6-0 at home, that team was strong enough to win tonight!

home and away is totally different especially in europe,did we not learn from the shakhtar game??

when will we ever learn,same mistake over and over,ha there we are again counter attack ha ha this team is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

STUNNING FINISH!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

What a goal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

always had a soft centre , thats the arsenal for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Impressive finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    We still should have played our strongest team though, a win tonight would have guaranteed us qualification.

I know where you're coming from and hindsight is 20-20, but this team should have been strong enough. The players just aren't that arsed!

Great goal, too many players there to be scoring, we are shit!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Class goal well done Braga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Great finish, All of our players should be sent to the gym for a month because they are a bunch of weak fcukers

2-0 cracker

If I saw three kids do what Arsenal just did I'd be liable to blow a fuse, fcuking embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Fcuking Pathetic from Arsenal tonight. Load of shíte. Logging off now before I say something I shouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Mattheus you fúcking prick.

Didn't think Arsenal would be the team to let me down tonight! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

Martin Keown does not look like a well man

amacachi wrote: »
    Fabianski shouldn't be near a football pitch

Did nothing wrong tonight, defence was horrendous for both goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

I'm sick.

• Advertisement

I know where you're coming from and hindsight is 20-20, but this team should have been strong enough. The players just aren't that arsed!

Nothing about hindsight, I was saying it yesterday and before the Shakhtar game. Win the Shakhtar game and we're guaranteed qualification. We lose and then make the same mistake again tonight. Playing a weakened team in a game like tonight is mind boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What a load of bollocks.

If Vela hadn't tried to jump over the tackle he would of gotten the peno I'd say which is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I have said it before, newer Arsenal players lack a mental strength for the bigger games. Only the more experinced campaigners like Fabregas seem to have it.

Well done to Braga though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

If Vela hadn't tried to jump over the tackle he would of gotten the peno I'd say which is unbelievable.

Referee got that completely wrong and the yellow card should be appealed.

Paleface wrote: »
    Referee got that completely wrong and the yellow card should be appealed.

Can't appeal yellows

Nothing about hindsight, I was saying it yesterday and before the Shakhtar game. Win the Shakhtar game and we're guaranteed qualification. We lose and then make the same mistake again tonight. Playing a weakened team in a game like tonight is mind boggling.

I dunno, I just saw this as a match we couldn't lose and my opinion didn't change when I saw the line-up. Definitely should have had a (near) full strength team for Shaktar. Maybe considering that result it should have been the same for tonight, but if we can't rotate and get the necessary results then we really are a long way off truly competing in any competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

i think at this stage it would be better if we didn't qualify for the knockout round. The lads need to learn about consequences...

Can't appeal yellows

Yep. Stupid rule really, but hey, refs are unquestionable...anyway, it was offside!

We travelled to Shaktar with a weakened team whilst Chelsea fielded a pretty much full strength side at home to Spartak Moscow. The difference between them two decisions is showing now as Chelsea entered tonight already qualified and had the leisure of playing a lot of reserves in the search for a point that sees them take top. We field a weakened team against Shaktar and lose, and then we do the same tonight. Pathetic strategy.

The argument can be made that the team who started tonight should have been good enough to win, but the fact is if we started our best possible team then they would have been good enough. Thats the difference, and Wenger took an unnecessary risk tonight that backfired drastically

• Advertisement

Can't appeal yellows
    No point anyway, it's a non issue if they qualify to the next round, think the slate is wiped clean after the group stages.

if shaktar get a point against braga at home then arsenal play a group winner in last 16 providing they beat partizan. that correct?

BERBA wrote: »
    if shaktar get a point against braga at home then arsenal play a group winner in last 16 providing they beat partizan. that correct?
    12 + 1 = 13.
    9 + 3 = 12.

Not hard maths really there mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

wInter/Lyon/Barca/Bayern/RMe :D

last 8 teams we can meet

Did nothing wrong tonight, defence was horrendous for both goals!

He did nothing wrong for the first goal? He came to the edge of the box when he should've gone straight out to the Braga player who had gotten a bit muddled. Maybe he stayed in the box so he could use his hands when the shot was taken, except he didn't even do that.

If Arsenal win their last game they're through.

Quazzie wrote: »
    If Arsenal win their last game they're through.
    He wasn't asking that, he was asking would they face a group winner, which they will if they get through.

Quazzie wrote: »
    We travelled to Shaktar with a weakened team whilst Chelsea fielded a pretty much full strength side at home to Spartak Moscow. The difference between them two decisions is showing now as Chelsea entered tonight already qualified and had the leisure of playing a lot of reserves in the search for a point that sees them take top. We field a weakened team against Shaktar and lose, and then we do the same tonight. Pathetic strategy.

The argument can be made that the team who started tonight should have been good enough to win, but the fact is if we started our best possible team then they would have been good enough. Thats the difference, and Wenger took an unnecessary risk tonight that backfired drastically

I'm agreeing with you.

I'm agreeing with you.

As I was with in case it didn't come across that way. :o

• Advertisement

wInter/Lyon/Barca/Bayern/RMe :D

last 8 teams we can meet

cant meet inter as they gonna finish 2nd in their group as well:D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    if

Stop that, it's really annoying! "If" is fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

All we have to do is beat Partizan at home.
    Jesus I hate November.

Great display by Denilson again.
    At fault for both goals.
    Unfair to blame him alone. They were awful again.

Fabregas out Saturday. Holy fcuk.

Bring on December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

cant meet inter as they gonna finish 2nd in their group as well:D

id put money on Inter to finish 2nd. They're playin badly at the moment

1st or 2nd doesn't matter.
    Good teams will finish second too.
    We are case and point.

Teams that finish top can draw us, which they won't like either.

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Great display by Denilson again.
    At fault for both goals.
    Unfair to blame him alone. They were awful again.

I'd blame a combination of Gibbs/Squillaci for their second goal.

• Advertisement

Stop that, it's really annoying! "If" is fine!
    Sorry.

Arsenal will meet a group leader when they qualify.

Nobody should panic, I honestly can't see Partizan putting up any sort of fight, with nothing to play for.

I'd blame a combination of Gibbs/Squillaci for their second goal.

He was too weak in midfield again. But the three gombeens dancing around him 18yds out was like Gareth Bale all over again.

So sick and frustrated of this.

Sorry.

Arsenal will meet a group leader when they qualify.

Nobody should panic, I honestly can't see Partizan putting up any sort of fight, with nothing to play for.

Real or Barca might

MikeySligo wrote: »
    1st or 2nd doesn't matter.
    Good teams will finish second too.
    We are case and point.

Teams that finish top can draw us, which they won't like either.

Barca and Real won't finish 2nd.

GULP :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement