Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

no
    any one having freezing/crashing problems read GT forums lots of people including my self are having this problem :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

spider_pig wrote: »
    any one having freezing/crashing problems read GT forums lots of people including my self are having this problem :confused:

Servers are getting hammered. I've been playing signed out of PSN all evening and I'm not having any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Well, after having a PS3 for ages and waiting for this game (the only one I have on the PS3) I'm slightly disappointed... There's nowt that makes me go WOW, maybe I was expecting too much... (twas a long wait)

Far too many menus and it takes ages to move through them, does my head in... Seems very cumbersome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

no
    ongarite wrote: »
    Servers are getting hammered. I've been playing signed out of PSN all evening and I'm not having any issues.

im also having very long loading times i tough installing was to speed up things
    after i click into gt mode it takes 5 min to go to the next screen :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

That vid on page 1 just seems like GT4 ported to PS3. Same boring racing as the AI follows each other in a line while you have to outbrake as many of them as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Whoever put together that soundtrack needs to be shot in the ears, over and over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

no
    Where to you get the classic cars? In the A-spec mode you have to have a pre 1989 classic, found one in the used car dealership but is couldnt find any in the normal dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

no
    This "boring" argument that's brewing over GT5 really grinds my gears. As a fan of the series since GT on the PS I feel GT5 is a flawed game but the core components still make it a classic GT game.

Was GT1 exciting? How about GT2 or 3 or 4?? What some people class as boring I class as thrilling and exciting. It's all about driving the perfect lap in GT games. It's not about pileups or nitro boosting. Driving on the limit and being precise is what GT games are all about. If your not into that then it may be quite boring for you but every single GT game has been like this.

Anyways back to GT5, loading is too long and the music was swiftly turned off. Some dodgy textures and some screen tearing too. Despite all this I love it.

Do yourself a favour, if your into driving games and especially GT get yourself the Logitech DFGT and the Wheelstand Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

no
    Beekay wrote: »
    That vid on page 1 just seems like GT4 ported to PS3. Same boring racing as the AI follows each other in a line while you have to outbrake as many of them as possible.

I havn't raced GT5 yet but even in GT5 Prologue the AI was vastly improved, mistakes being made from AI right in fromt of you, spinning out and stalling in theh middle of the track, ending up in the sand etc. I'd doubt GT5 is reverting to GT4 but I'll see when I get a few races under my belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

demixed wrote: »
    Whoever put together that soundtrack needs to be shot in the ears, over and over again

Bargain bin licensed music is pretty much a tradition on GT by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just played it for another hour n it's game over for me...

To be honest.. Any game that describes driving around a track in a Type 2 "Thrilling" should be ashamed of itself.. I think they tried to do too much with it.. There's so much going on in it it's just a mess. The simple fact that it takes so long to do anything just drives me mad. When I sit down to play a game, I want to play it.. I don't wanna spend ages going from menu to menu and a certanly don't wanna drive around the top gear race track in a type 2. I just wanna sit down n play the damn thing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

macpac26 wrote: »
    This "boring" argument that's brewing over GT5 really grinds my gears. As a fan of the series since GT on the PS I feel GT5 is a flawed game but the core components still make it a classic GT game.

Was GT1 exciting? How about GT2 or 3 or 4?? What some people class as boring I class as thrilling and exciting. It's all about driving the perfect lap in GT games. It's not about pileups or nitro boosting. Driving on the limit and being precise is what GT games are all about. If your not into that then it may be quite boring for you but every single GT game has been like this.

So you're looking for GT Time Trial? I'm a massive motorsport fan and love racing games and getting the perfect lap and going as fast as possible...but I also like a RACE when I get a racing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 yuenzhi

no
    kyotogiond.jpg

awesome graphic, taken in game. got the game today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

no
    ongarite wrote: »
    Installing the game now, can't wait. This is not going to be a game for those who instant action & gratification.
    Lots of time needed to level up to unlock tracks, cars & mechanical damage.

The DFGT wheel is €99 in GAME & Argos, very tempted to pick it up.

Just do it. So much more immersive, brings the game on heaps as you can be more aggresive too! ( Speaking on GT 5 prologue experience :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

no
    LakesKeane wrote: »
    Just do it. So much more immersive, brings the game on heaps as you can be more aggresive too! ( Speaking on GT 5 prologue experience :mad:)

I agree it's well worth the money, have only played it on DIRT but its great, getting GT at the weekend so can't wait to give it a go :D

no
    So you're looking for GT Time Trial? I'm a massive motorsport fan and love racing games and getting the perfect lap and going as fast as possible...but I also like a RACE when I get a racing game.

No im not looking for GT Time trial going fast and perfect laps is a huge part of racing.

So what's wrong with the racing in GT then? I've only started in the beginner events and I've had great races so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

no
    Got GT5 yesterday but can't figure out how to get the 2player split screen...
    Can anyone help me out here??
    Where do you go for multiplayer split screen race?

Thanks!

no
    Got GT5 yesterday but can't figure out how to get the 2player split screen...
    Can anyone help me out here??
    Where do you go for multiplayer split screen race?

Thanks!

I think the 2P Split Screen is in Arcade Mode

no
    Just got it and putting it in, can't wait to see what it's like :D

• Advertisement

no
    Bought a mx-5 and just completed my first race and loving it so far, loading times are terrible though, can i install it on the ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

no
    The Shtig wrote: »
    Bought a mx-5 and just completed my first race and loving it so far, loading times are terrible though, can i install it on the ps3?

You sure can takes about half an hour to install but its much better loading then.

no
    ollie1 wrote: »
    You sure can takes about half an hour to install but its much better loading then.

Cheers going to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

no
    macpac26 wrote: »
    I think the 2P Split Screen is in Arcade Mode

Cheers, found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

so what's the best wheel to get?

no
    bryanjf wrote: »
    so what's the best wheel to get?

I've only used the Logitech Driving Force GT and I'm love with it, the best would probably be the G25 or G27 (newer version of G25) but they are pretty expensive. Personnaly I can't recommend the DFGT enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

no
    Just picked up a Driving Force gt today myself, no WAY i could justify price of a g27, but I have to say it's a lovely wheel, I was a little bit tentative at first steering violently against the force feed back but its sturdy built. Slowly getting the hang of the wheel, but I can hold drifts for ages with the pad and can barely lap a rear wheel drive over 200hp with the wheel at the moment :P Enjoying Nurburgring freeruns with loads of randoms :D

add me, psn longwhitecross, try to race pretty cleanly and be cool to have others the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

no
    Lads how do I install the game on the PS3? Load times are really annoying!

no
    Rycn wrote: »
    Lads how do I install the game on the PS3? Load times are really annoying!

If you go to the main menu where you can choose GT mode or arcade mode and go into settings it's in there. There is a number of different lists and I think it's down three or four lists. The first option of the list should say 'Opening movie' or something similar giving you the optgion to disable and the installation is three or four sentences down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

no
    Just picked up a Driving Force gt today myself, no WAY i could justify price of a g27, but I have to say it's a lovely wheel, I was a little bit tentative at first steering violently against the force feed back but its sturdy built. Slowly getting the hang of the wheel, but I can hold drifts for ages with the pad and can barely lap a rear wheel drive over 200hp with the wheel at the moment :P Enjoying Nurburgring freeruns with loads of randoms :D

add me, psn longwhitecross, try to race pretty cleanly and be cool to have others the same

You can do free runs? Thats brilliant. Can't wait to get this.:)

Advertisement