Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowy Conditions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Does anyone know what depot the 39 comes from? I want to give them a call and make sure they are running before I leave the house at 7am tomorrow morning. Assuming I make it home this evening that is !! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think it's Harristown, check bottom of timetable online and it will tell you.

It used to Adrieanne, but now it just give the head office number, which I doubt will be open early enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thought the 39 was phisbrougho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Not that it's going to surprise anyone but Dublin bus have no services out this way.

From their site
    A very limited service currently operating on Routes 7, 13, 15, 16, 19(northside Only) 20, 27, 31, 40, 41, 45, 46a, 65, 65b, 77, 102, 128, 140, 145, 150,

A very limited level of service operating to Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Howth, Malahide, Ballymun, Finglas,

No services currently on the Lucan Road, Blanchardstown
    , Ranelagh, Ballycullen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Yup, definitely no bus service at the moment.. just spent an hour walking in the Blanch area and only spotted a lone 39 trying to head to Ongar.

If you need public transport now, I recommend the train.. although IE have delays as well.

Tomorrow's commute is going to be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can't rely on public transport. End of.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Yup, definitely no bus service at the moment.. just spent an hour walking in the Blanch area and only spotted a lone 39 trying to head to Ongar.

If you need public transport now, I recommend the train.. although IE have delays as well.

Tomorrow's commute is going to be interesting.

Do not go near connolly though

156323_10150134208533135_9606778134_8004096_2408412_n.jpg

Try Tara St or Pearse Stations!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was in that chaos earlier. In fact I thought I was in the picture there. It was mayhem, but one person I know went from Connolly to Pearse in the hope of getting on there instead and she said it was just as bad over there, and when they eventually came through Tara St nobody was able to get on the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Zaph wrote: »
    Just been listening to Anton Savage on the radio. He reckons that you don't need to put anything on your tyres. His advice is to reduce the tyre pressure to the lowest end of the range suggested by the manufacturers. This causes the tyre to spread and have more surface in contact with the road. Also because the tyre is softer the rubber moves around more, which creates friction and generates more grip. Not saying you should definitely do this, but it's an alternative solution you might want to look at.

Just have to be careful not to let too much air out as tubeless tires can lose the seal with the rims. In the days of the tube`s in the tires it was possible to let them right down, and get up hills not possible with the recommended pressure. Definitely works well though to reduce the pressure a little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Tubeless tires probably maintain their seal very well these days even at low pressures anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Zaph wrote: »
    I was in that chaos earlier. In fact I thought I was in the picture there. It was mayhem, but one person I know went from Connolly to Pearse in the hope of getting on there instead and she said it was just as bad over there, and when they eventually came through Tara St nobody was able to get on the train.

Isn't that you in the 12th row down, 3rd across?

I could have sworn that was you trying to do the crossword. :cool:

Do not go near connolly though

156323_10150134208533135_9606778134_8004096_2408412_n.jpg

Try Tara St or Pearse Stations!

Looks like a normal night to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Just drive properly and you will be grand. The amount of cars going to fast around corners and breaking late at junctions is unreal. I drove around with no bother including stopping on a few bridges and slopes etc. Stick it in first and dont over use the accelerator and you will get up many slopes .
    Has there been a new law passed that allows cars to do what they want at traffic lights in snow? A bit of snow and people think the law goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 HeartShake

Don't believe the Dublin Bus website when it says the 239 is running as normal.

Got to the centre at 9.20 yesterday. Waited until 9.50, rang DB. The route is running but it's severely delayed the girl says.

Grand, roads are bad, I ring work let them know.

10.30 comes around and I'm starting to think it's a bit more than delayed.

But here comes the 239 from Liffey Valley. Happy days. He drops people off opposite us and..........drives out of the centre.

Ring Dublin Bus again, she says the service will be running. At 12.30.

So home to work from here with me.

Today I waited 45 mins on the 8.30 one before jacking it in.

Have made two complaints about it in two days, coupled with countless complaints over the last 3 years.

Never heard a word from Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Drove down to Tesco (Roselawn) a while ago to stock up on food - and its mayhem down there

...and the amount of idiotic cars/vans zooming down bus-lanes and screeching to a halt at the lights and then swerving all over the place was plain ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Are people mental!? Going out in this weather to go shopping down the center? I can understand going out for the essentials, but going into the likes of Debenhams and HMV I just can't fathom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Are people mental!? Going out in this weather to go shopping down the center? I can understand going out for the essentials, but going into the likes of Debenhams and HMV I just can't fathom!

Is the centre still even open????

Mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is the centre still even open????

Mad!

I was over there today and as someone else says the rules of the road dont apply in the snow(or so it seems). I fail to believe that @ 8-9 on a midweek morning the people driving in the shopping center dont know where there are no entry and one way systems.

Also im surprised at how bad the roads are in the shopping center, but I suppose you'll be told its private land and you dont have to enter it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes the centre is still open but it's limited hours, with most of the shops closing early.

• Advertisement

In fairness while the roads are bad, I haven't had any trouble getting around. The only real problem has been traffic. Which I've avoided by taking the bad roads, and just going slowly, but keeping the momentum going. That said I've avoided peak times, and worked from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Are people mental!? Going out in this weather to go shopping down the center?

Some of us needed new boots for the snow.

TK Maxx's was doing a roaring trade but they closed early to allow staff to get home.

I never had less trouble parking up there. Loads and loads of empty spaces.

Murt10 wrote: »
    Some of us needed new boots for the snow.

Millets was also doing a roaring trade in boots.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I'm going to take a spin over there now, cabin fever setting in out here in clonee. Anyone need bread and milk? :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I bought a pair of these this week, and needed to use them this morning. I came out of Connolly into the IFSC and saw people sliding all over the place on glass-like ice. I put the grips on and walked into work as if it was a fine sunny day, not so much as a hint of a slide. Bloody amazing things they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Honestly the roads around where I live in D15 are outrageous, going to ring Fingal now at 9. I had to hang on to cars and traipse through peoples gardens to try and get to the bus stop. :rolleyes:

I was extremely lucky not to fall and injure myself :mad:

The estate I live in is a mess... There's a hill at the top of it and the people who live up there (my mam and dad included) couldn't get into and out of there houses last week it was that bad. The guy from the council came in once and didn't bother coming in again and he's usually here a couple of times a day from what I can see!

I'm going to give them a ring this morning and see if there's anything they can do to grit it because it's a disgrace and the kids are making it even more dangerous by sliding down the hill on anything they can find.

I had a similar experience both last night and this morning Angel01. It was unbelievably slippy, I was scared sh*tless walking to and from the bus stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am already dreading walking back from the bus stop (in normal conditions would take maximum of 5/10 mins) now is taking me about 25 mins. I left home this morning at 6.15 to get to the bus stop for 6.35 :eek:

It is so dangerous out there and so scary. I have just rung them, they will ring me back. It is crazy out there :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I agree that it is fairly lethal walking about Dublin 15.

What annoys me is that so few people cleared their paths outside their house.

If most of these paths were cleared it would make walking so much easier.

It can't be all down to the council. It would be physically impossible for them to clear the paths.

CLEAR YOUR PATHS FOLKS!!!!

I wonder why Fingal don't provide salt to householders to spread on their paths after they have cleared them?

If everyone did their bit we could have mainly clear paths for walking.

Advertisement