Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowy Conditions

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm not talking about the paths unfortunately, I'm talking about the actual roads in the estate, you can't get enough grip to get up the hill on either side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

D.15 is lethal alright. Saw numerous people fall this morning. Its also quite dangerous pulling out of side roads, as it can be slow to get grip and no on the main road is slowing down to let you out. I could barely stand on the road to get into the car!

As for clearing outside of your own house. No everyone is able. I cleared some of mine but some of it is like Iron and I couldn't even chip it with a heavy steel spade. I'd need to get a sledge hammer at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Sorry didn't realise it was the roads you were talking about. I have been walking everywhere.

My path was pretty severly iced over when I went to clear it.

I threw salt all over it and left it for about a half hour. When I went back to do it, it was a bit more manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Going to drop up to my parents and get them to drop me home, no chance of walking home in this ice :(:mad:

Advertisement