Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLINK 182 -Summer 2011

Options
  • 23-11-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

blink_nov2010.gif

Reckon they'll come over here?? Possible headliner for Poxygen maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So they're free for the Sat & Sun, reckon it's a no brainer now, Blink to headline Poxygen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Blah at that.

Though I'm still happy because I got to see them in the o2 at the end of summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Ah poop! They better not play Poxygen! Don't wana go there to see them play their new stuff...hopefullly they'll play one of the mainland festivals as well...

I'd love an outdoor gig but not Oxegen, maybe marlay park? That'd be cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭J-C

A few UK arena dates have been announced for next July with more to follow.
    A potential Oxegen slot or O2 show must be on the agenda on the strength of the August show.
    Looking forward to hearing some new material.

http://www.blink182.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=32206

• Advertisement

Apologies, just spotted the other thread on the same topic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

YouMeAtSix are supporting them on the UK dates

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hopefully they dont play oxegen.

But lets look at it like this, heres the full tour so far:
    http://www.bompa.com/bands/blink182/tourdates

So the major gaps are between the 27th of june and 7th of july.
    Thats one possibility.
    Another is obviously the 9th, 10th and 11th.
    And then the possibility of a date after the two o2 london gigs.

IF they were to do an o2 show on the same weekend as oxegen then they possibly lose a lot of fans by them going to puncherstown.

It doesnt look good, does it? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

CMpunked wrote: »
    Hopefully they dont play oxegen.

But lets look at it like this, heres the full tour so far:
    http://www.bompa.com/bands/blink182/tourdates

So the major gaps are between the 27th of june and 7th of july.
    Thats one possibility.
    Another is obviously the 9th, 10th and 11th.
    And then the possibility of a date after the two o2 london gigs.

IF they were to do an o2 show on the same weekend as oxegen then they possibly lose a lot of fans by them going to puncherstown.

It doesnt look good, does it? :(

its t in the park + oxegen :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea TITP is the 8th-10th of July which will mean Blink are down for that and oxegen. Hopefully gonna head to either Hurricane or Southside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It doesnt look good, does it?

Wouldn't make sense at all to have Blink play the O2 the same weekend as Oxegen. I figure the reason they played their only UK headline shows in Scotland aswell as the date in Dublin last August was because they had plans to play T in the Park and Oxegen the following year; the gap in their schedule that particular weekend is indicative of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Saw the thread and I was all like :D

Then I was like:

Oxegen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

On a slightly related note, anyone know if AvA are gonna announce a Dublin date for their tour early next year? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

whilst i really hope they play over here again.. i hope they wont play poxygen :(

Confirmed for Oxegen, blah! I love them but not enough to go to Oxegen. The only way I'd seriously consider it would be if RHCP play it too, then maybe, but otherwise I'll just wait and see them when they play the o2 again.

Feck it. Was hoping not to have to go to oxegen, but have no choice now.

D e e wrote: »
    Confirmed for Oxegen, blah! I love them but not enough to go to Oxegen. The only way I'd seriously consider it would be if RHCP play it too, then maybe, but otherwise I'll just wait and see them when they play the o2 again.

yeah RHCP will be announced tomorrow as a headline id say.
    Its feckin cat to think that arctic monkeys were picked to headline over blink.
    At least if they play in the daytime i can go see them then feck off home.

Not happy at all. :mad:

Its feckin cat to think that arctic monkeys were picked to headline over blink.
    At least if they play in the daytime i can go see them then feck off home.

Not happy at all. :mad:

You really think so? I would love to go if they were playing during the day with blink but I'm guessing they will be last at night. Is there any hotels near Oxegen? I would want to get out of there as soon as RHCP have played but I live 2 hrs away so probably wouldn't get home the same night.

You really think so?

i would put my hat on it.
    And i love my hat.

As for hotels. I would book them as soon as humanly possible. Obviously you cant until the dates have been announced. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

I wouldn't be so confident that RHCP will be announced at all let alone tomorrow. Oxegen wont announce another headline act till the rest of the tickets go on sale. RHCP are supposedly a V festival UK exclusive this year.

• Advertisement

I am praying RHCP will announce a date at Marlay, small chance but it would be great to see them there. Some of my favorite concerts have been at MP! Do bands who play Oxegen ever announce a 2nd date at another venue in Ireland?

bren2001 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so confident that RHCP will be announced at all let alone tomorrow. Oxegen wont announce another headline act till the rest of the tickets go on sale. RHCP are supposedly a V festival UK exclusive this year.

didnt know that.
    A few news sources,
    seem to be quoting blink as a headliner.

Do bands who play Oxegen ever announce a 2nd date at another venue in Ireland?

Can happen. My Chemical Romance done it a few years ago.
    Well, that is to say that after they played oxegen, a few weeks later a gig was announced for a few months time.

Can happen. My Chemical Romance done it a few years ago.
    Well, that is to say that after they played oxegen, a few weeks later a gig was announced for a few months time.

Ahh MCR! Haven't seen 'em since 05, loved their old stuff.
    Cool, maybe RHCP would do something similar. I don't see Blink announcing a seperate date since they played here last year and their fanbase isn't quite as big.

Ahh MCR! Haven't seen 'em since 05, loved their old stuff.

me too. great live band.
    I would also say they are a shoe in to play this year too. With the new album out. Provided they sell the o2 gig well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Ugh raging they're playing Poxegen!
    Fingers crossed they play Pukkelpop...they did last year so it's possible...I hope!

didnt know that.
    A few news sources,
    seem to be quoting blink as a headliner.

Yeah nme and efestivals arn't the most reliable sources i've found over the years. Oxegen announced Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys as headliners but said for Blink that they were joining these two at Oxegen this year. Maybe I'm reading into that a bit much but I'd be surprised if Oxegen named 3 of its headline acts for a few early bird tickets.

I am praying RHCP will announce a date at Marlay, small chance but it would be great to see them there. Some of my favorite concerts have been at MP! Do bands who play Oxegen ever announce a 2nd date at another venue in Ireland?

Not usually to the scale of MP. Killers played the o2 in feburary before their 2009 headline slot, KOL are playing the o2 before slane, Arcade Fire played two nights in the o2 this year after headlining. I'd see RCHP more at Slane 2012 or Oxegen over a gig in MP.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Not usually to the scale of MP. Killers played the o2 in feburary before their 2009 headline slot, KOL are playing the o2 before slane, Arcade Fire played two nights in the o2 this year after headlining. I'd see RCHP more at Slane 2012 or Oxegen over a gig in MP.

Ssh don't ruin the little bit of hope I have left lol. There's always the o2 Or another year I suppose :)

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    The thing about NME is that they are a publication, they would generally check these things (hopefully).

Would not be surprised if Blink where headliners, sure they headlined Reading/Leeds which is bigger then Oxegen?

But thats promoted more rock-ish than oxegen?

Advertisement